Build Thread Pete's Virginia Farm Find

Build Thread Pete's Virginia Farm Find
Looks nice! And we were in the 70s here in northern VA. Too bad I worked both days. It would have been great weather for more teardown of my motor

Looks nice! And we were in the 70s here in northern VA. Too bad I worked both days. It would have been great weather for more teardown of my motor

Yeah I'll be going through the same thing this Spring. 😒

Parts collecting. New fenders get rid of my only dents and two rust holes83c4d427a2d993bfddebe6ed2da3e3f3.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Unfortunately this build is being cut short. Early this morning on my way to work I hit a patch of black ice around a blind corner. I'm sore in alot of places but I'm ok. Can't say the same for the Cj though. Pictures aren't for the faint of heart. Makes me very sad.fb4813199084f5f928cc3c684acd8109.jpg0a625a1cd5ae168b33aaef79162d052d.jpg1d3135b435ee45c1b6a7fe95242ae883.jpg9e419816dcb7ede796a08ee2f5426110.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Oh man, makes me sick to my stomach to see that!!
I hate it for you, I really do. Looks like you could of been seriously hurt but glad you could "limp" away.

Oh man, makes me sick to my stomach to see that!!
I hate it for you, I really do. Looks like you could of been seriously hurt but glad you could "limp" away.

X 2 Wow ! Glad you are ok. Never delt with that stuff on the road but a friend of mine was up north a few years ago and it way laid him pretty badly also

I'm going to have it towed home and I'll decide if I'm going to rebuild it or part it out.

Glad your okay. My heart sank for you when I saw the photos. Sad, sad, day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That sinks! Hope your feeling better soon.

Glad you were able to get away just sore.
That sucks for Jeep

I feel for ya' for sure. Makes my mess seem slightly less as important. Parts and pieces can be replaced, lives cannot. Glad you were able to get out with no significant injuries. T&P.

Dang Pete - glad you're ok man. This was the CJ in this build thread right? So clean and just bought the parts to make it dent free.... wow...

Hopefully in the daylight it may get a little more hopeful on the re-build.

Pete,
That’s terrible, but so glad you’re ok! The unfortunate part of our love of these vehicles is they aren’t well designed for handling mishaps. Scary to see the damage and hope you can salvage a majority. Feel better!

Dang Pete - glad you're ok man. This was the CJ in this build thread right? So clean and just bought the parts to make it dent free.... wow...

Hopefully in the daylight it may get a little more hopeful on the re-build.

Yeah the bad part was I was spending all my overtime gathering parts for it. I'm just not up for this much of a project. I'm trying to balance what I'm keeping and what I'm selling now. Right now I'm way in the red on it but it'll work out. Alot of 1 year only parts will help make the money back. Then I'll use a combination of keeping some parts and selling the rest to upgrade the '79.

Pete,
That’s terrible, but so glad you’re ok! The unfortunate part of our love of these vehicles is they aren’t well designed for handling mishaps. Scary to see the damage and hope you can salvage a majority. Feel better!

Thanks. It definitely has made me think quite a bit more about safety. I will definitely have a good sturdy tied to the frame cage in the '79. It was leaking gas all over when I rolled too so a fire extinguisher will be attached to the bar as well. Not sure what seats yet but for now the shoulder belts are better than the lap belts in the 80. Being the '79 has the Yj tub I already have the family cage in the rear. I'm thinking of adding steel plate reinforcements at the mounting points of it as well

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad to hear you were not hurt seriously.

Geez! You just cannot get a break. Hoping for the best!

Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad to hear you were not hurt seriously.

Geez! You just cannot get a break. Hoping for the best!

Thanks , one step forward two steps back sometimes. I'm still alive and that's something to be gratefull for. Just yet another change of plans. 😂

Well its been almost a year since the roll. Ive parted out most of the Cj but always had a little knot in my stomach about not rebuilding it. The longer Ive been selling things off the less likely it seemed Id rebuild it. After the accident this is pretty much all I had left.

IMG_20200320_161424836.jpg

I ended up being frustrated and parted out everything except the frame and springs. Not that I didnt try selling the frame as well but I had a few people on Craigslist flake out on it so it kinda hung out a little. This is when a guy at work offered me a free soft top and doors he got years ago and was going to us on his tractor but never did. It was supposed to be black but ended up being a rather rare factory color called Slate Blue.

When I got it home and it cleaned up pretty nice I knew what was going to happen. Ive always wanted to do a build from the frame up and Im not getting any younger so here we go. Heres a pic of how well the doors actually cleaned up.

1108201627~2.jpg

Now Ive had too many projects get derailed by rust before so starting with a nice solid frame is a great start. I decided to start looking for a Yj tub and found a nice solid one on Facebook. Heres a few pics of it in transit from Jersey.

1212201312.jpg

1212201313.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks