Build Thread Laura's Hot Pink CJ7 Jeep! From ugly to WOW!

Build Thread Laura's Hot Pink CJ7 Jeep! From ugly to WOW!
Still waiting on more of those rebuild pics...:bounce: like to see how you went about the transformation.

i'd like more info on the tranny in it. My 15 year old daughter wants an automatic jeep, but she wants purple. On the up side she can't sneak aroun d town in something that loud.
I'd like to see some better pics of the pink pearl.
BTW she thinks pink camo on pistols is great.

That looks good! I am about to start a complete teardown on an 83 CJ7 which I plan on making it a "Military Style" build up... my wife has been begging me to paint it hot pink and purple!! Guess when we get to that point we will have to flip a coin!

GO FOR THE PINK! :drool:

i'd like more info on the tranny in it. My 15 year old daughter wants an automatic jeep, but she wants purple. On the up side she can't sneak aroun d town in something that loud.

My paint was inexpensive(my first time painting an entire vehicle)
But IF MONEY WERE NO OBJECT. I would have loved to use:
HOT PINK PEARL PBC39/PBC-39 HOUSE OF KOLOR

. OR
PINK KANDY BASECOAT KBC18/KBC-18 HOUSE OF KOLOR

or

Gallon Chameleon Color Changing Pearl Flip Flop Basecoat Clearcoat Paint Kit

There is also a Beautiful Pink Chrome color.. Can't remember where I saw it but it was on a mustang... Love that color too...

Mine works for the poor girls... :eek: (it has some color changing and pearl in it but not as much as I would have loved) I also have to wet sand it in the summer.. Got some runs.. :eek: And this time I will repaint the dash pink as well as the inside of the doors.. Wish I did before, but I listened to the guys... :p Most say they hate pink.. But I'm sure some think the color is cool.. I mean I'm a girl and some blues are sweet. ;)

Here are some more pics of the jeep naked (bare metal) Gray primer, and then pink... :p

Here are some more pics...
The center console I built out of wood.. I would have used metal, but I have no skills.. (I watched youtube videos. A older gentle man was the most helpful)
New corner diamond plate coverings. Had to cut and wasn't the best fit had to re-mold them a bit..

Final product for rear diamond plate with tail lights.
I used the old corner diamond plate for my lokar shifter box and floor cover.. :eek:
wide shot of my center console. after build.
Also, I herculined my entire tub. (I have a half hard top from a CJ8 on the CJ7.. Still looking for the side brackets to secure the bulkhead to the tub.)
:chug:

Last edited:
But I still NEED A LOT of things for my CJ7

Shorter Lokar shifter (8" will be best) so I can fit my B&M Hammer shifter knob on it.. Will need to get the adpater that lokar sells too.
Hook up my electric kick down box to the frame and find/make a carb bracket for it (I have the 2 bbl 32/36 weber)
New racing seats and 4 or 5 point seat belts
Electric fans (dual)
CJ8 side brackets for bulkhead and tub
Windshield glass
I'd like to get a new/better condition tailgate..
Tach, Oil pressure, and Volt gauges
Front bumper
Rear tire swing out on bumper

One day... I may have my 258 replaced with a fuel injected 4.3L V6.. But I've read on Novak that it won't mount to a AMC TH400.. :( (Both my Dana 20 t-case and TH400 transmission were out of a full-sized jeep truck according to jeep people. - but not sure which model.)

I need some welding too... But I want to get everything done first (I know backwards) and then trade parts for someone to weld or if I get brave do it myself.. :eek:

Okay.. So I am post happy..
Here is one final post for now...

I built a hidden area for my lokar led shifter indicator and backup light switch..
I truly felt like God was guiding me in building this console.. (Since I've never built one before..).;)

Last edited:
Still waiting on more of those rebuild pics...:bounce: like to see how you went about the transformation.

Hi alpha6,

Posted some pics... Hope you like them. :D
Here are some more too...:chug:

I think you have done an awesome job on your Jeep. I'm very impressed :notworthy: you should be proud.

My 76cj7 has the GM TH400 Turbo 3 speed automatic "married" to the Dana 20 t-case.. They were both out of a full sized jeep truck. Unsure which model.. (It was already swapped when I purchased the jeep) Its NOT quadratrac.. Which, I am glad.. By the reports they are not the best.. (Quadratrac is 4wheel all the tme to my knowledge)
And my engine is the 258 4.2L I-6... However, I hope one day to convert to the gm 4.3l v6 vortec engine with fuel injection. Only thing is I've read on Novak that a AMC th400 tranny doesn't have the right housing/splines or adapters. . I hope I read it wrong.. :(
Purple would be awesome too! Especially a metallic pearl type purple! :eek:
I still have to wet sand the paint... And then re-shot it.. I used a cheap HVLP gun from Harbor Freight.. It worked great! Just keep the psi within range.. -Unless you can afford an expensive gun.. But still, I found the harbor freight gun did very well. Just cleaned it out with paint thinner after.
Anyways, hope I didn't ramble on too long... :eek:
You should post pics when your daughter gets her purple jeep.

PS. I've heard the 4L60 and early 4l60e are good over drive automatic transmissions and if I remember correctly, they can be mounted to the 4.3l v6 engine. ) I've read
from other jeep people to stay away from the TH700R4 -which is an earlier model of the previously stated trannys.. Unless you can have a new or properly rebuilt tranny. :)

More pics... Before and a special heater box under the dash with a blazer blower motor upgrade in the firewall area.. :chug:

Here are some pics of the diffs and tranny pan ...;)

and some more pics..

Sorry they are not organized :(

I think you have done an awesome job on your Jeep. I'm very impressed :notworthy: you should be proud.

Thanks bunches... I think I'll be able to breath better once the little guy is done... :eek:

Here are more unorganized pics.. :rolleyes:

Old 76 CJ7 fuel tank with big 2" diameter hole.. Yuck. So I bought a fuel tank for it think 78 cj and up to yj.. I also put the yj fuel filler neck on it.. (The previous owner put the gas filler on the passenger side of the rear.. So, I just went with it.. Made the hole bigger and fit a TJ Locking door fuel filler on it.. :D I was able to sell the old tank too.. ;)

The half hard top is originally for CJ8's but I really like the truck look on a jeep... So, sold my full hard top and got the half hard top.. Only thing is, I am having the toughest time finding CJ8 side tube stabilizing brackets to (one day) weld or bolt the bulkhead in.. Ideally, I'd love to have someone weld some brackets in. -Perhaps someone would be willing to trade parts for welding work? I'm not in a hurry though. Still need a huge list of items..

Last edited:
Thanks bunches... I think I'll be able to breath better once the little guy is done... :eek:
I think its funny the girls call theirs guys and the guys call theirs girls whats up with that? I call mine a mountain goat :rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking how much was paint and prep on your jeep? Aside from pink (not my color) it looks great! I have an ugly duck as well!

I think its funny the girls call theirs guys and the guys call theirs girls whats up with that? I call mine a mountain goat :rolleyes:

True... I don't know why either.. .However, my sister thinks her van is a female.. (It's needy.. According to my sister..:eek:)
My jeep is tough.. Yes he may be pink but pretty tough... So, I think it's a boy.. I just feel weird to call it a female... I don't know why.. Doesn't seem right..:rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking how much was paint and prep on your jeep? Aside from pink (not my color) it looks great! I have an ugly duck as well!

Well... I got the paint and epoxy primer/sealer off ebay... They were from two different sellers.. I mentioned some of the colors I would have gone for if I could afford it.. But these were under $300 for each kit. (if I remember correctly, my paint base was 2k urethane with activators, reducers and clear coat. The epoxy primer was also 2k and came with reducers and activators)

Again, If I could afford it I would have gone for House of Kolor, or the camelion OR better yet, had a professional paint him.. But at least it was a learning experience.. I do have to wet sand the paint in the summer and re-shoot it since some of the clear is uneven and I got some drips. But that's probably too much information .:p

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks