Build Thread 78 CJ7 Slow but Steady Build

Build Thread 78 CJ7 Slow but Steady Build
Like Gert said, in my opinion, it depends on what you want in the end. Do you want the stock-ish look of a CJ? Or, are full-size axle widths your thing?
Answer this and then go to the next step. It's gets pricey when you start talking new axle shafts.

FWIW, my dad's '76 CJ5 has a high pinon D60 in the rear, with 35". Dragging/hanging up wasn't a problem.

If you’re sticking with 35” tires, very likely you don’t need the Dana 60

Others are correct, what you want/can afford will steer you to the correct answer

I am running a '76 Wagoneer front Dana 44 with CJ outers and a '75 Scout rear Dana 44. I did the WFO concepts shackle reversal with BDS YJ 3.5" springs SUA. I love this setup! 75MPH on the freeway with no issues at all. Having the shackle reversal means that the suspension actually compresses when I go over bumps, rather than just rattling everything haha.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks