Build Thread 1978 cj7 in process

Build Thread 1978 cj7 in process
I think I'm going to do the same color also. I painted the top and inner fender months ago and left wheel wells primed. I going to flip them over , mask off and paint them hopefully tomorrow. I'm after an ultra clean look here. All hinges will be sprayed body color. No accents for this one. This jeep will be wheeled, I just want to start off with something nice. That brings me to another last minute question I've been dealing with. My original thoughts were to by an aftermarket paintable fender flares and spray them to match. Now I'm having thoughts of factory style fender flare( I have a brand new set) and just install them as is. Gray/ black interior... painted flares or black factory?? Any thoughts?? The flares I'm looking at are the Zenon flat style and the bolt style flare( Narrow) ( ex: bushwhacker) Stinks they are expensive but maybe worth it. Possible tire clearance advantage.

Personally I like original black

I have really enjoyed the build and cant wait to see the finial product. I just picked up my CJ a few weeks ago and plan to start a build will get it posted soon. Funny its yellow also but wont be for long lol

What year/model is the steering wheel and where did you pick it up? Keep it up looks amazing....

The steering wheel is a Grant. I will dig up some info on it. I'm trying to remember how I did the horn button.

Thanks for the comment on the build. I've been doing the body work on the tub, thats all that is left to be sprayed.

ROAR

I havent forgotten about the steering wheel info, I will look very soon.

The project has mostly been on hold for quite some time. I am getting back to it. The main thing that needs to be done is to paint the tub and put it together ( windshield frame, instrument panel, flares, lights, etc.) I recently picked up a Ford T18 with the 6.32 low. I am in the process of installing a Novak master overhaul kit. The transmission looks like its been gone thru but I've got to go thru it before I could consciously go thru all that work. I've still got to order the adapter. I plan to use the Dana 20 with the tera low twin stick with the T18. I picked up a Dana 60 Kingpin front and a 14 bolt rear axle on the cheap. I'm still debating its use.

Man that will be a really stout combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom