Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7

Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7
Doors like these ? I wonder if you have the old framework, whether new skins can be ordered. image.jpeg

Doors like these ? I wonder if you have the old framework, whether new skins can be ordered. View attachment 75345

Yup just like those. I know they used to sell skins years ago but I havent seen them advertised like that in a while. Probably best to contact Bestop directly.

As far as price. Thought it was decent as well and without getting the framework I could get the tinted windows. That was a win-win. With only running the Jeep in decent weather it should last awhile. Cant wait for the doors to show up..

I think my BT replacement top has lasted over 25 years or more, but i have to admit it stays in the garage and not used very often.

My BT soft doors are sewn over the frame I think they probably don’t sell them separate because of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My originals were sewn on, but replacements slip on, the the black plastic flip handle ones. Not sure about the paddle handle ones like above.

0673cd3658607345097c534a5bb0383b.jpg
3 year old paddle handle, I find it an interesting way of attaching the fabric

Yeah mine are the 1 piece replaceable door skins. 2 piece are a different animal. I might be getting a set of 2 piece that will need to be replaced in the near future one way or another. That is why i was wondering. They come with a vehicle that i have been thinking about since July that is coming up for sale. image.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow yours are way different that’s even more interesting

That is the frame from my 84 original soft top 7 with replacement door skin on it. Pretty simple to change out.

Yeah mine are the 1 piece replaceable door skins. 2 piece are a different animal. I might be getting a set of 2 piece that will need to be replaced in the near future one way or another. That is why i was wondering. They come with a vehicle that i have been thinking about since July that is coming up for sale. View attachment 75346
If you dont get the other vehicle for some reason and still want to go that route you can have my set of frames whatever it costs to ship. Just know that the two piece doors wont work with other tops. Has to be a bestop. The windshield angle is different. I tried doors like yours with my supertop and it was a :dung: show.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer. If I don't get it, I will have no need like you said. The top is a STC soft top that the doors are used with.

Love coming home to Jeep parts. Been getting lucky with some sales right now and caught this Fishbone Offroad bumper for $320. Finish looks great and pretty stout as well. D rings included.

0123221531.jpg

Well a week away from a full 3 months , but the doors finally got here today. A week after I got an email saying they wouldnt ship till the end of March. 🤔 Now if I can just get a warm day off of work to install it all.

0228221617.jpg

Well since buying the new house Ive bought more plants , flowers , pavers and border wall blocks than Jeep parts and Im actually kind of ok with that. Been enjoying time with Vicki on our yard projects but I finally snuck some parts out of the 3rd floor and added them to the Jeep

Love the look of the Fishbone bumper over the stock one. Have to shave down some shims that came with it for the finished install but overall straight forward.

0519221647.jpg

Got the Rugged Rige seats in as well. Beware on these if you have a belly. The exta padding un the seat puts you higher in the leg area and cloer to the steering wheel. I got a smaller Grant wheel and promise to diet. 😁

0519221642a.jpg

We're just below $5 a gallon here for 87 octane so the 10 mpg I average has meant very Limited use for the Cj considering it'd suck up 4.5 gallons back and forth to work one day from the new place.

0519221642.jpg

Hoping to put the new top on within the next two weeks. Cant wait to see how that looks. Probably wont get a whole lot of use this year but still making a little progess here and there. 🤞🏻

I’ve got the same with my Smittybuilt seats, very comfortable, but with the sliders and my nice thick legs it’s tight. That’s why I spent the coin on a tilt column.

cd0a59f3ec65b9c8d6c467633e1c10f4.jpg

The seat, not the seat back, really looks like the front is about 5 inches higher than the back.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks