Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7

Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7
From what i have found so far Texas is only to/from events, to/from shop and parades

I dont think we get the one day a week commuting here

I will find out for sure when im at the DMV renewing my registration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what i have found so far Texas is only to/from events, to/from shop and parades

I dont think we get the one day a week commuting here

I will find out for sure when im at the DMV renewing my registration

That 1 day commuting was big for me. Wonder what they consider "events" are as well. Im probably going to get back in our local club and theres a trail ride once a month. I consider that an "event" but do they? And really how much is big brother paying attention to this?

I dont think many are paying attention unless you piss em off

Not much of an update but something Im pretty happy about. Vader never would clear the garage door at my new place. Heck I put a hole in my old top and busyed the garage door at my old place.

I switched jobs at the facory I work at and now I have alot of weekends off which was unheard of in my first 21 years here. Needless to say Im enjoying it. The weather this winter has been mild but almost every weekend the temps drop or its raining. This weekend is supposed to be around 60 but raining. Im dying to get my new doors adjusted and on correctly but not in the rain. I dropped the support bows on the top and it just clears the door. I'll finally get my doors on this weekend. Gonna have to work on some better lighting now that I can actually get the Jeep in

0322231701.jpg

Nothing like having a lit dry place to work like inside a shop or garage.

X2. That’s the reason my Jeep is in good shape. First 7 years outside in the weather. Next 32 years under the house roof. When working on it, I just shut the door and done until I get back to it.

Yeah itd be nice to drive right in but droping the top a little is only a minor inconvenience to stay dry.

X2. That’s the reason my Jeep is in good shape. First 7 years outside in the weather. Next 32 years under the house roof. When working on it, I just shut the door and done until I get back to it.
My brother in law is closing on a house this month. It has a huge garage/workshop that we're going to share. Ill put pics in this thread once the papers are signed. Thats were my Jeep is going to hibernate over the Winter from now on. Very happy about that.

Ordered the two tires I needed for the trailer just now. Once they arrive Ill have them mounted and balanced and put some pics up

Tires are here. Hopefully I can get it into the tire shop early next week. Got dealt a blow to the Jeep fund though on Friday. All OT at work is being suspended for awhile. In my almost 22 years there I can count the amount of 40 hr weeks I worked on two hands barely needing the 2nd one.

So the Jeep fund is depleted for a bit. Thankfully I got it all legal and ready for Summer. Maybe I'll get some OT back soon and finish up the solar for the trailer.

0325231340.jpg

0403231539.jpgAt first it kinda shocked me but Im digging the new look. Went with some black lug nuts but thats kinda hard to see in the pic. My daughter says it looks bad a s s soit must be 😁

Good looking Jeep, man i remember how nice mine was with a new top wheels/tires

Good looking Jeep, man i remember how nice mine was with a new top wheels/tires

Probably the biggest things you can swap to change the appearance of the Jeep besides a full on color change.

Have a little time off later this week so Ill put the wheels and tires on the trailer and get a little work done on that. I'll save my nickels and dimes and hopefully get the solar battery, battery box and cables for my trailer soon. Decent size tires for a trailer. 😁

0404231636.jpg

Woohoo small update for most but big for me. Thanks to GERT I no longer have to look at that gaping hole in my dash where the clock was. Dug around in the dash and foung the wiring for it is still there as well. Maybe itll even work , either way Im just happy to stop staring at the hole. Gotta get a mounting plate for the back.

Thanks a ton GERT , love it already

0503231601.jpg

Id be interested to see if still works after all these years

For those not following the Bantam trailer build I got that situated for this year. Pulling the trailer up and over the mountains around here did amplify some of the issues the Cj still has.

0729231427.jpg

Gonna have to start socking away some cash after vacation. Definitely need the whole front end rebuilt. Steering box , steering box mount , upgraded tie rod and drag link with new tie rod ends and I should be good there.

Also need to upgrade he master cylinder / booster and a new fuel sending unit. Yup definitely need to start saving. 🥴

Squandered away enough cash to order up my master cylinder / booster upgrade. Wont get here before our camp trip this weekend but I probably wouldn't have had the time either way.

Really hope this helps. 🤞🏻

$_1.jpeg

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Couple of safety upgrades waiting for installation. The master/booster upgrade and some H4 headlights too. Now to find the time to put it all in.😁

0828231559_HDR.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks