Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7

Build Thread Vader , A multi year Cj7
Finally got around to replacing the front hubs. At the rate this is progressing I should have it ready for Winter by Summer. Yes you read that right. 😄

Out with the old

0102211437.jpg
And in with the new. Settled on some Mile Marker Hubs for half the price of the Warns. Well see if that was a mistake or not. At least I finally have 4WD.
0102211531.jpg
0102211606.jpg

Do they look better made than original ? Have heard the MM are better than the Warn.

Well they dont have the detents that give you that positive feel for when they're locked in 4x4 or 4x2 like the Warns do. The spring design seems stronger though. Shouldve taken a picof the internals.

Yeah that would have been good. Oh well,,,,,

Ordered some airbags for my tow pig and snow on the hunt for a 16 foot car hauler trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have gotten with Shum, A lot of old used airbags and wind bags up in the DC area. :chug:

Wth that post was supposed to be on my build thread grr. Sorry Pete

Ugh been a whole year since Ive done anything with the Cj. The new houses garage just wont fit the Jeep in along with my daily driver. We'll be putting up a carport for it this Spring. Luckily My cover came today just a few hours before the first snow event of the year. Ive also ordered a few things for it to spruce it up a bit. Should be here mid January.

0106221602.jpg

My Jeep rules the 1 Jeep garage. The DD and the others sit outside. They are replaceable.

Haha, the garage parking was a stipulation on mine, wife’s car must always be brought back in at the end of the night. So her car and the Jeep sleep inside. My truck and daily beater are out in the snow!

Good luck on getting some time with your Jeep!

I have learned to choose my battles. I get needed parts easier that way. 300 days of sunshine a year makes it less painful. I've only been outside for six months. Someday I'll get back in the garage. Someday, hahaha

Attachments

• 20210711_130350.jpg
    20210711_130350.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 5
Tough crowd. The old house had a two car garage that I always had a Jeep or two in. I also daily drove my Jeeps (when they were running 😁) for the last 21 years. Now I drive 45 miles a day so using a 10 mpg Cj as a daily just isnt in the cards. I work alot of 12 hour days 2:30-2:30 and theres no way Im getting up any earlier than 12:45 and scraping ice or any of that bull:dung: thank you. This is only temporary till I get the carport up or if Im lucky can add a full garage.

Just got notification that part of my Morris 4x4 order showed up today. Pics when I get home. 🤤

Came home to one of 3 things I ordered that Ive never had brand new. There was always something I needed more than new seats. Love the look of these Rugged Ridge black denim seats.

0107221540.jpg

I have been thinking of replacing a set, how much each are they now ? Is that a vinyl ? I need something that can get rained on.

I have been thinking of replacing a set, how much each are they now ? Is that a vinyl ? I need something that can get rained on.
$485 for a pair. Theyre not vinyl but they have them as well

They rolled up my brand new black denim soft top in that box. Upped the ante a bit with the tinted windows cause Im betting they'll look awesome on Vader.

0121221605.jpg

0121221605a.jpg

I didn't need a frame so saved a "little" there. Also ordered a new set of soft doors Im still waiting on. Got a little miffed with Morris 4x4 in one aspect. I understand shortages and shipping in this "Build Back Better Era🤮" but I got a free $50 gift card for spending almost $1800.

I ordered everything the first week of December. After I got the date for the top to come in I called about the doors as the original invoice said they'd be shipped together. Theyre coming a week or so later so I inquired about the gift certificate. They said itll come after everything else.

This is where I got a little irritated. I told the rep on the phone I spent $1800 on one order and Id be making another but Id rather use that gift certificate than throw in the extra $$. Well she said thats the way it is and I gave her a expletive laden message to give to her superior about how I felt. I also told her that my message had no reflection on her and thanked her for helping as much as she could.

It mustve worked cause an hour later I got my certificate via email. Being a man of my word I immediately placed another order. Somehow thats supposed to show up early next week. 🤞🏻

1800 for the top ? :wtf:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks