Planning the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride

Will you attend the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 9th Annual Colorado Trail Ride
Well done Dave, well done!!

In for BBB

Driver and passenger

Likewise. 1/1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Dave, well done!!

In for BBB

Driver and passenger
Thank you Dave! We are also in for BBB. One jeep, driver and passenger.

I still count 15 jeeps coming to the 9th Annual Jeep-CJ trail ride.
It looks like we have 19 people riding in 10 jeeps that will be coming over Black Bear Pass Backwards. It may be 7 on BBB if JR and his gang doesn't join us.

1. Me and Jake (BBB 1 jeep, 2 people)
2. 007 (BBB 1, 2)
3. MrIPlayBass and OldJeepLady (BBB 1, 2)
4. Posi. His friend may be with us some days. (BBB 1, 2)
5. Bill D and Carol (BBB 1, 2)
6. JR (BBB 1, 2)
7. JR's Brother (BBB 1, 2)
8. JR's Uncle (BBB 1, 2)
9. Shoobie (BBB 1, 1)
10. Pistol Dave
11. Hagar
12. Gert
13. WhatRoad
14. MtnBiker4evr13 (BBB 1, 2)
15. Steve-O

Last edited:
Another great year for attendance. We've got jeepers coming everywhere from Massachusetts to California and many places in between.

We've been getting a heck of a lot of snow this winter. I hope it doesn't cause any issues on the higher mountain passes. Some winters the high mountain passes clear out in early July. Last year we had very little snow and the highest trails were all clear in June. I hope Black Bear and Imogene passes are open in August this year. Either way their will surely be a lot of the lower trails open.

https://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f50/colorado-avalanches-30617/#post266731

Should have a long flower season as well.

Thanks for all your efforts Dave! Looking forward to doing it!

Good Morning all,

We're still undecided on the BBB trip. We're due in at some point on Saturday, if we get the rigs ready after the towing, maybe... But we're leaning more towards small shake run up Yankee and hanging around town (Ouray) Sunday and meeting up with you all later in the day for meet and greet.

I'll let you know when we firm up.

Number of people in my crew still up in the air too - but I know there will be 3 jeeps and 4 people minimum. Wife is trying to firm up time off request, and we may have a friend or two join us. Still narrowing that down...

Looking forward to it. I'm close with my 360 engine build completion, and have been working on some body rubbing clearances and new rock sliders. I still need a new top too.

Uncle is installing a bunch of upgrades soon, ARB front locker, new springs, upgraded steering components, wheels and tires etc.

Brother is in progress on decking out the 06 TJ. He's got a long list of goodies to get in.

We'll be ready!

Good Morning all,

Looking forward to it. I'm close with my 360 engine build completion, and have been working on some body rubbing clearances and new rock sliders. I still need a new top too.

We'll be ready!

Maybe wait until after Pougkeepsie wall for the top? :poke::D

I'll have room for one passenger on the BBB if anybody wants to risk it!

Maybe wait until after Pougkeepsie wall for the top? :poke::D

:laugh:

Right? It was on it's last leg before that, but I've made it last with black duct tape for far longer than I should have... And had I executed the right line Posi and I discussed prior then it probably would have been fine... lol

I can't remember when the main stores have them on sale! Is that around Spring / summer memorial day or fall? Anyone remember?

:laugh:

Right? It was on it's last leg before that, but I've made it last with black duct tape for far longer than I should have... And had I executed the right line Posi and I discussed prior then it probably would have been fine... lol

I can't remember when the main stores have them on sale! Is that around Spring / summer memorial day or fall? Anyone remember?

Things like that are usually on sale way before you need them or right after you bought them.

Never when needed.

A lot of the big stores have springs sales. Don't buy one in the fall when everyone needs one. Plus, you need temps around 75°-80° with full sun to install the top, otherwise it will be a hassle.

I just saw this thread, very interested in trying to make this trail ride but it is still pretty far out for me to commit. It is just a short drive though, and would be a fun country cruise down to Ouray in the CJ

Would also be great to get out with some guys who appear to know what their doing!

Would there be options for a non-crawling rig?

I just saw this thread, very interested in trying to make this trail ride but it is still pretty far out for me to commit. It is just a short drive though, and would be a fun country cruise down to Ouray in the CJ

Would also be great to get out with some guys who appear to know what their doing!

You don’t need a crawling rig at all. Stock Jeeps are just fine with about one exception and there you can go around or be winched up so no worrroes.

I did it one year with open diffs and 2.73 gears. Relax and enjoy.

You don’t need a crawling rig at all. Stock Jeeps are just fine with about one exception and there you can go around or be winched up so no worrroes.

I did it one year with open diffs and 2.73 gears. Relax and enjoy.

Cool cool, don't get me wrong, granny 1st and 4L get me a lot of places. Good to have friends to hook onto if needed!

Our first year was done with an almost stock (slightly heavier rear springs and rear air shocks) in a 2000 Ford Explorer.

We will miss meeting y’all once again due to my work schedule.. However, we will be there the following week!! I’ll be reading this post to stay up on any CO related news and any recommendations that y’all have for us first timers.

We be meeting a couple of mixed jeepers from our area that will be there a few days before us. As of now we have a room booked at the Rivers Edge hotel. After reading the comments from the 7th annual trip we are slightly unsure of this hotel.

I don’t want to highjack your post so if anyone has any recommendations please feel free to DM me or I could start a my own post if there is enough interest.

We would like to welcome others to join if you can’t make the Jeep-CJ group trip!

Rivers Edge was fine for us in 2017. Pricey, but very nice.
Ownership change if I recall and some employee/staff changes.
Typical of change of ownership.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom