Planning the 7th Annual Jeep-CJ Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• No thanks. I have better things to do on my time off.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Planning the 7th Annual Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
Am I missing something here, the sign up each day or otherwise ?
I watch this thread like a hawk; I'm participating one way or another every day.
I hope anyways....

Rigs per day,

Monday 13, out - Whatroad, Joe, Todd
Tuesday 14, out - Joe, Todd
Wednesday 16, Full
Thursday 14, out - Whatroad, Todd
Friday 13, out - Bobby Bluerocket, Whatroad, 007

Please post up if your leaving early, or will be absent any days.

I will be heading to Ouray on Sunday the 6th to hang out with some friends who will be heading back home on Saturday the 12th. I am planning on staying thru Wednesday the 16th and heading home on Thursday the 17th.

Dave

Having a larger group this year I was curious as to who may have other plans. I will wheel every day on this trail run as I have the last three years. IIRC, this is standard practice with the group that ran this event the last three years.

Rigs per day,

Monday 13, out - Whatroad, Joe, Todd
Tuesday 14, out - Joe, Todd
Wednesday 16, Full
Thursday 13, out - Whatroad, Todd, PistolDave
Friday 12, out - Bobby Bluerocket, Whatroad, 007, PistolDave

Please post up if your leaving early, or will be absent any days.

I will wheel every day on this trail run as I have the last three years. IIRC, this is standard practice with the group that ran this event the last three years.

I'm in for all 5 days as well.

JR + 1 Jeep in for all 5 days

:chug:

We plan on being there with the rest of the Colorado Springs group Saturday. Heading home the following Saturday.

me too. Saturday-Saturday

Carol and I plan doing the Saturday to Saturday thing as we have in the past. I guess I don't understand this "sign up now or there might not be room for you" thing. I don't want to sign up until I find out what is happening, i.e: who is leading which stick, who is going, and where. I'm pretty easy to satisfy when it comes to wheeling but this is getting a bit complicated and we haven't even arrived yet.

I'll have note pads with me that people will be able to sign up for the trail ride they would like to go on. The trail leaders will also sign up for the trail they would like to lead. (I'll take what's left over) Everyone should sign up in advance of the trail ride, maybe the night before or better yet sign up early in the week when you arrive in town. People can always change their minds but early sign ups will allow us to plan trails rides and even cancel trail rides that participants are not interested in.
The afternoon or evening before the trail rides I'll meet with the trail leaders and anyone else interested in the details of the next day. I can go over the trails with the leaders. Finding these trails will be easy. We won't need expert navigators as trail leaders. Any participant that would like to lead will get the chance. I also have a couple of local jeepers that will help lead some trail rides. Joe will join us Monday and maybe for the rest of the week. He'll be staying in Silverton.
Todd is another leader that volunteered. He is interested in leading trail ride #9 over Imogene and Ophir passes. I was planning on having that trail ride Friday but I think I'll change that to Monday. If I get Todd to join us earlier in the week I'll have a better chance of convincing him to help us for other days too. ;) I hope to have dinner or drinks with Todd and his wife in the next week so we can talk over these issues.

EDIT: The signup sheets will not only show the leader of each trail ride but also the meeting place before we leave town. The meeting place most likely will be the motel of the leader. The meeting time to leave town will always be 9:00 am unless we have a specific reason to change the time.
My understanding is that we will actually sign up when we get there and meet with Dave. I don't think any folks have cast in stone what trail/ what day yet. I think some folks just put their druthers out but all seem flexible. We are sure looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new folks! Most of the truck/tools are packed. Woo hoo!!

I don't have any idea what trails I might want to go on since I have never been before. I had just planned on showing up and hanging out, and not much beyond that.:)

Is anyone planning on doing something Saturday or Sunday (12-13th)?

Dave

Is anyone planning on doing something Saturday or Sunday (12-13th)?

Dave
Unless things change I'm planning to run Poughkeepsie on Sunday. Anyone is welcome to join.

I don't have any idea what trails I might want to go on since I have never been before. I had just planned on showing up and hanging out, and not much beyond that.:)

Dave

That's fine I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the trails. If you prefer the mild trails read the warnings.
The evening before we'll be discuss the trails. Join in the discussion to help decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless things change I'm planning to run Poughkeepsie on Sunday. Anyone is welcome to join.
We will almost definitely be joining you.

Us, too !

I gota say I have always worried about these trail rides growing too big but this is working out good. I greatly appreciate those of you that have volunteered to help lead a group over these mountain trails. :notworthy: I was really worried about trying to lead the group over these trails. There is simply no way we can have one big group of 17 jeeps. One advantage of this big group is participants get a choice of trails to go on each day. I'm sure people will enjoy each of these trail rides. If anyone doesn't like or is confused by the choice of trail rides let me know. I can decide what trail you will go on each day. That is how it was every previous year. I picked the trail rides each day and there never was a choice. ;)
If you've never been to this area we can talk about the trail rides, what to expect and what trails you mile enjoy.

we have 17 Jeeps and 34 people:
007 (2 people)
MrIPlayBass & OldJeepLady (1 jeep /3 people)
BillD (2 people)
BusaDave9
Posi (2 people)
Shooby
JR74CJ5 (Two jeeps, 4 people)
Bobby and Blacky (2 people)
WhatRoad (2 people) (Just trail riding Tuesday and Wednesday right?)
Hagar (2 people)
DJohnbb62 (2 people)
Benjammin713
PistolDave
Kathryn (4 People)
Joe (2 people)
Todd (2 people)

Here's the trail rides:
Trip 1: Engineer Pass trail starting from highway 550 all the way to the top of Engineer Pass. We've never gone any further than the lookout (also known as OH Point!). We might continue on. Next we will head back to Animas Forks Ghost Town and on to Silverton.
Warning: Lower Engineer Pass Trail (also known as Mineral Creek trail) has some rock crawling.

Trip 2: Corkscrew Pass. Then we will go over Hurricane pass and California Pass then down to Animas Forks Ghost town. From there we'll go up over Cinnamon Pass to American Basin. The group will then head to Silverton and take the highway back to Ouray.

Trip 3: Minnie Gulch and Maggie Gulch. We'll drive to Silverton and head north to Minnie and later to Maggie Gulch.

Trip 4: We'll take the infamous Black Bear Pass (trust me, it's not as bad as its reputation). We'll head into Telluride and come back over Imogene Pass.
Warning: Black Bear pass may be intimidating for those with a fear of heights.

Trip 5: Beartown site. We'll take the highway to Silverton and then go over Stony Pass, cross the Rio Grande River. We will pass by Beartown site and continue to Kite Lake. Then back the way we came.

Trip 6: Poughkeepsie Gulch.
Warning: This is a more difficult trail. You need lockers to take your jeep up "The Wall". If you don't feel you are up to it you can watch the others and then take the bypass.

Trip 7: Brooklyn Trail and Clear Lake. From Red Mountain Pass we'll turn off highway 55 and climb US Basin 4x4 Road. If you thought highway 550 was high we'll be far above 550 looking down at cars that look tiny. US Basin road turns into Brooklyn trail as it descends. We'll get back on 550 for a few miles before we get on gravel and then onto Mineral road and then up the 4x4 trail to Clear Lake.

Trip 8: Velocity Basin. We'll take the highway to Silverton then head NW to the Gladstone Mining complex and we'll use Corkscrew Pass to get back "home" to Ouray.

Trip 9: Ophir Pass. We'll leave Ouray and go over Imogene Pass the opposite direction we go during trip #4. In Telluride we'll get on the highway for a few miles and then go over Ophir Pass.

Monday the choices are trips 1 or 3
Tuesday the choices are trips 4 or 7
Wednesday the choices are trips 5 or 6
Thursday the choices are trips 8, 1 or 2
Friday the choices are trips 6 or 9

Dave, any chance you could get in touch with Ben and John (DJohnbb62)?
I sent each a pm but haven't received a reply from Ben. John tried to pm me twice, but he wasn't able to get threw the forum hoops to sent a pm with text in it.

I thought it would be helpful to know how many rigs will be running each day so we can plan accordingly. Will Kathryn be attending M-F?

Carolyn and I will be there for Tuesday and Wednesday. If possible, we would like to do 7 on Tuesday and 5 on Wednesday. Hope that helps.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks