Build Thread Bill's 75 CJ5 ground up rebuild

Build Thread Bill's 75 CJ5 ground up rebuild
tarry99 - Nice tools. I see stuff like that and wish I had more room :drool:

Just a quick update. I finished up my console, got it painted and installed. Got to get some speakers for the radio and I'll get that installed. Bought a set of side mirrors and got those put on. Tomorrow I'm going to trailer it over to Sonora and get the exhaust installed and it will be street legal. Then I can start driving it a bit and work out any bugs.

Bill

tarry99 - Nice tools. I see stuff like that and wish I had more room :drool:

Just a quick update. I finished up my console, got it painted and installed. Got to get some speakers for the radio and I'll get that installed. Bought a set of side mirrors and got those put on. Tomorrow I'm going to trailer it over to Sonora and get the exhaust installed and it will be street legal. Then I can start driving it a bit and work out any bugs.

Bill

:)Yep ..........that's why its on wheels easy to store!
Your ride is looking pretty sexy with those plush seats, Enjoy!

:D:D:D:D

I would have spoken up sooner, but these only work out on a longer body Jeep, such as CJ7, TJ, YJ, or Rubicon. They go behind the rear seat.

Last edited:
Nice job on the console Bill, did you use wrinkle paint?

Nice job on the console Bill, did you use wrinkle paint?

Thanks - yeah the paint is wrinkle finish, which I had used on the dash, so I wanted them to match.

Console came out good Bill! :chug:

I would have spoken up sooner, but these only work out on a longer body Jeep, such as CJ7, TJ, YJ, or Rubicon. They go behind the rear seat.

Trucklocker - Nice boxes. Too bad they won't fit in a 5.

Well, I'm exhausted :D

The last week and a half has been kinda of a blur. Last week on Monday, I ended up in the ER with gall bladder issues. It took a couple of days to get over that and I guess I'm going to have to get the damn thing taken out sometime next month.

I got the Jeep over to Sonora last Thursday and got the exhaust system installed. They did a great job of tucking it all in and routing it out the back. Unfortunately, it's been too cold to drive it much.

Hope you get to feeling better.

The CJ looks awesome, very admirable work you have done there!

This won't be too expensive Dear! That's what I keep saying. Over and over again.

Hope your recovering well !!

I'm doing ok at the moment, but I've got to go in for surgery sometime next month. Doc says once you start having problems with a gall bladder it's best to take it out so they don't have to do it under emergency conditions. It's out patient surgery, so they take it out and send you home. Hopefully it won't have me laid up very long.

Thanks for the thoughts guys - Bill :chug:

Well, I'm exhausted :D

The last week and a half has been kinda of a blur. Last week on Monday, I ended up in the ER with gall bladder issues. It took a couple of days to get over that and I guess I'm going to have to get the damn thing taken out sometime next month.

I got the Jeep over to Sonora last Thursday and got the exhaust system installed. They did a great job of tucking it all in and routing it out the back. Unfortunately, it's been too cold to drive it much.

:)Billy ............Hope your feeling OK take care of yourself, exhaust looks good..........Happy Holidays!

Hopefully it won't have me laid up very long.

The father in law just had his removed... He wasn't down for too long. Obviously everyone is different, but plan a week or 2.

Hope you're well bud!

Merry Christmas!
~ Jr :chug:

Merry Christmas to all!

Bill :chug:

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a safe New year. And hope you get to feeling better, my daughter had hers removed this year not a big deal. :chug:

Happy New Year :chug:

The holidays are over so I've had a little time to do a couple of things more on the Jeep, although it's been a bit too cold in the garage to get much done.

Based on a recommedation from gliryan a ways back, I moved the bar which the shoulder harnesses attached to so that the angle wasn't so steep and welded it to the roll bar.

Then I built a couple of speaker boxes that wedge in under the door openings, got the radio install in the console and hooked up.

I've had a chance to drive it a little bit, between the rain and snow. It seems to be running pretty well. I did find out that the big tires and short wheel base don't like the ice very much :rolleyes:

:)Hi Billy...............Happy New Year. Your stuff looks good.......Yep it has been cold my shop is like an Ice Box. It's well insulated but somedays it's warmer outside than in. 50 degrees is hot for a day time high down here right now, I'm sure your 10-15 degrees cooler............
Hey I see you did some Wheel Well notches for seat clearance......any pictures and how much did you take out and how do your tires fit? You had 33x12.50 on that don't you?
Terry

:)Hi Billy...............Happy New Year. Your stuff looks good.......Yep it has been cold my shop is like an Ice Box. It's well insulated but somedays it's warmer outside than in. 50 degrees is hot for a day time high down here right now, I'm sure your 10-15 degrees cooler............
Hey I see you did some Wheel Well notches for seat clearance......any pictures and how much did you take out and how do your tires fit? You had 33x12.50 on that don't you?
Terry

Terry - Happy New Year back at you! Yeah, it's 49 degrees here today and that's the warmest it's been since before Christmas. We got about 6" of snow the day after Christmas and it's still on the ground (I know Pete, but this is supposed to be sunny CA). Guess I should look at the bright side though. The ski resort up the hill is having a great year. People are coming up, maybe they'll buy cabins then want to remodel come spring.

The wheel well notches were done by the PO (my nephew), so I don't know exactly what he did. It looks like the panel was cut and moved back about 3 or 4 inches. There doesn't seem to be an issue with the 33's, but then I haven't wheeled it yet.

Bill

I didn't mean to drop completely off the radar, but time and $$$ have been somewhat scarce since the 1st of the year so I haven't made much more progress on the Jeep. I've been spending most of my time trying to drum up some business and get me and my guys back to work.

I've had the Jeep out around town a few times and it seems to being running pretty well. Still got a couple of thing that need a little adjusting and I've got a list of other "improvements" I want to make as soon as the funds become available.

It's finally beginning to really look like spring around here. The weather is warming up and the Forest Service is about to take the winter access restrictions off the forest roads. Hope to post some pics of the Jeep in action fairly soon.

Bill:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom