Build Thread 78 CJ-5 project

Build Thread 78 CJ-5 project
As a note if you are interested in building a frame remember a couple of things. It's stiffer than heck, there is NO frame flex which does reduce wheel travel and it's heavier than a stock frame by "a lot"

Dave[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info those are the kinda things nobody mentions in the threads or magazine articles ! the heavy frame may be perfect for the guys with fiberglass bodys , they are so light they tend to really stiffen up the ride quality.

i really want my suspension soft like the desert racers and stadium trucks, one tire up on a log or curb and the body still sitting pretty flat . or rolling over rocks with the wheels dancing without bouncing off the seat. im thinking about a set of 6" rancho springs with a leaf removed or maybe even a used set of leafs from a f250 or f350 they seem to get good and spongey after 100k miles in one of those heavy suckers!

once again beautiful job and thanks for putting the effort into your thread im sure it will help alot of people including myself.

brian

Yea, I know its an old thread. Does anyone have the pics saved from this thread?

I know everyone likes to use photobucket, but when the account goes away, so does the pics.

Thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks