2nd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride

Will you make it to the Jeep-CJ.com trail ride in Colorado?

• Total voters
2nd Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ.com Trail Ride
So now we are up to 5 people that will be coming.
What about you, Stodg73 are you going to make it?

So now we are up to 5 people that will be coming.
What about you, Stodg73 are you going to make it?

My apologies, I will not be able to attend. My job will not allow me the time off this year. Maybe next year.

However, I will be able to help anyone that has trouble near me. I am located in Trinidad, Colorado, (I-25 corridor) so those who are coming up from the south and taking 160 west will be able to know someone in this area. We have an O'Rielly's, AutoZone, NAPA, CarQuest, Wal-Mart, etc here. I am willing to help tow/pull/trailer anyone within 50-100 miles to get them help. I also am willing to help them get parts, etc. if they need them.

PM me for my info.

They're in!
Here's the Windshield Banner that is free to anyone that participates in the 2nd Annual Jeep-cj.com Colorado Trail Ride
windshield_banner_92-cropped__medium.jpg

Plus here's the sticker you also get:
91__medium.jpg

Yes, I cleaned off just enough of my jeep to apply the sticker.

They're in!
Here's the Windshield Banner that is free to anyone that participates in the 2nd Annual Jeep-cj.com Colorado Trail Ride

91__medium.jpg

Looks great.... Looks like smoothie flying.... And YES I will be traveling to CO to ride with Dave on this trip!

They're in!

91__medium.jpg

just thought to myself when I saw this,"Dave's CJ sure cleans up well".:laugh:

CJ is coming! He won't be able to bring his CJ across the country but he will be flying in.
Here's who's coming:
CJ
djohnbb62
IOPort51
TheDirtyCJ
Tin Medic
and Me

Hey everyone, check your u-joints, hoses and belts. Make sure your Jeep is ready.
Here's a good thread to help decide what to bring: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/trail-spares-14985/

But then again, we don't all need to bring the same spare parts. I've got all the hoses and belts for my V8. I have a drive shaft for my CJ5 (with u-joints that'll fit any CJ driveshaft) and I've got tie rod ends.
We don't want to get carried away with spare parts but I really think the most common parts to stop a four wheeler are the belts, hoses and u-joints. If these are newly replace or at the very least, checked to make sure they will hold up, you should be good.

Ouray, Telluride and Silverton are all very small towns. NONE of these towns have an auto parts store. They have service stations that have a very Limited supply of parts. It's up to us to be prepared.

@ CJ

what airport will you be flying into??

CJ is coming! He won't be able to bring his CJ across the country but he will be flying in.
Here's who's coming:
CJ
djohnbb62
IOPort51
TheDirtyCJ
Tin Medic
and Me

Hey everyone, check your u-joints, hoses and belts. Make sure your Jeep is ready.
Here's a good thread to help decide what to bring: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/trail-spares-14985/

But then again, we don't all need to bring the same spare parts. I've got all the hoses and belts for my V8. I have a drive shaft for my CJ5 (with u-joints that'll fit any CJ driveshaft) and I've got tie rod ends.
We don't want to get carried away with spare parts but I really think the most common parts to stop a four wheeler are the belts, hoses and u-joints. If these are newly replace or at the very least, checked to make sure they will hold up, you should be good.

Ouray, Telluride and Silverton are all very small towns. NONE of these towns have an auto parts store. They have service stations that have a very Limited supply of parts. It's up to us to be prepared.

Durango

What is the drive time from TX?

What part of Texas?

IO, which way are you going to go? Through Dumas or Santa Fe?

Last edited:
Plane tickets are booked as well as the hotel. This will be the first vacation I have taken in almost 12 years! Can't wait!

32 days:D

I really wish I could make this trip and have been thinking and daydreaming about commiting, even considering trailering the Jeep, but I am stuck with little vacation time and lots of work. :mad:

I am sure it is going to be epic!

30 days :D

Can't wait to see the pictures guys. Wish I could make it not sure the jeep is going to be done by then. :( maybe next year

How are you guys getting here? Trailering? IO, you've got a long way to go.

It is not that far, by Texas standards. Half the drive is still in Texas.

I'm putting her on a trailer and riding up in my old suburban. Much more comfortable that way.

It is not that far, by Texas standards. Half the drive is still in Texas.
Still a long drive for a 35 year old CJ. :cool:
I assume you are trailering it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks