Wheeling Colorado Springs with Bill D

Wheeling Colorado Springs with Bill D
lol - just watched the "road less traveled" video - you're going to love the Rubicon!

Taking the hard lines!

:cool:

JR, Thanks so much for helping with the pics!
Torx thanks on the pic count, close enough.

Road less traveled, (you'll notice the d-side door flying open) the latch on the driver side door wasn't adjusted properly and I was trying to navigate and keep the door closed at the same time. All part of the shake down run. :D

I want to be on the Rubicon, it's a must do for me! Lets make it happen!

Couple more, then me flying into Boston

Posi, I got 33 pics and what looks like somebodys Christmas video. You really got a prize of a Jeep though.
That was Bill D, Me, and Rad doing a little site seeing near the Broadmoor Hotel

Nice jeeps,nice pictures, nice videos and scenery. Looks like a great time by all. I'm kind of surprised there was not more snow.

Looks like you guys did it up right. Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet and ride with you. I have had two days off in the last 12, not together, and neither fell on a weekend. Please forgive me for not getting back to you in time Bill, it's been intense. Perhaps I'll get a breather after the holidays. Great pics!

Thanks, I was looking forward to meeting you, sorry you couldn't make it.

A video that went missing after the edits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPjAQJolLuo

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing looked like a great time.Loved the pics and video. So are you leaving that Jeep out here for your wheeling trips in Co?

I will chime in with a couple of remarks. (1) The red gate. . . . This trail leads to the antenna farm/transmitter sites of all the Colorado Springs television and radio stations. This gate and the friendly notices hanging on it just their way of letting us know that we were not invited guests.
(2) The Muley buck and his ilk in my front yard are known locally as lawn rats. Carol is getting darned tired of planting ornamentals for them to chow down on.
(3) In the photos of the two Jeeps parked side by side. . . .If you will zoom in on them, that antenna farm can be seen behind them.

Old Stage Road begins behind the Broadmoor and climbs steeply up to where it joins Gold Camp Road. Gold Camp Road was originally the rail line that brought the gold ore down from the Cripple Creek area to Colorado Springs for processing. Lower Gold Camp Road is no longer open to traffic (politics) thus the need to use Old Stage Road. It's a great drive though and goes all the way through to Cripple Creek and Victor.

Thanks for sharing looked like a great time.Loved the pics and video. So are you leaving that Jeep out here for your wheeling trips in Co?
Thanks,
As much as I would like to ship it home to install the extra sm465 it came with, and a clutch, the cost of shipping it home, back to CO, then back home again kills that idea.
I plan to ship it home early September after the Ouray run, or from Ca if we run the Rubicon after Ouray.

Great thread Posi, so nice to see the areas other wheelers visit.Very scenic
mike

Posi and BillD thanks so much for sharing. Wish we could have joined you all. Lots of snow and cold here. We put our CJ7 in the barn, with baggies of irish spring soap (repels mice), and covered it up.
I'm so jealous l want a jeep I can drive…. I asked Santa….

Posi and BillD thanks so much for sharing. Wish we could have joined you all. Lots of snow and cold here. We put our CJ7 in the barn, with baggies of irish spring soap (repels mice), and covered it up.
I'm so jealous l want a jeep I can drive…. I asked Santa….

I know Santa. . . .jolly fella and a darned good Jeep mechanic. Keep your fingers crossed and tell him that Carol and I say HELLO!

BTW, thanks for the Irish Spring tip.

Say if you're looking for something different the next time you go to Colorado, Southern Colorado has a lot to offer. I lived in Rye for 10 years, about 35 South of Pueblo on Hwy 165. At exit 71 on I25 there is Graneros Gorge.

IMG_4670-e1412521561101.jpg

Then up Hwy 165 into the mountains (Greenhorn Mountain) to Bishops Castle:

5109543880_e1cacc8888_b.jpg

From there into the next Valley with the towns of WestCliffe and Silver Cliff. Nice pizza place to eat there. From there South is a really big buffalo ranch and West is the Sangre de Cristo Mountains with lots of good Jeep trails. https://www.trails.com/activity.aspx?area=11851

Mtns327005.png

Just an idea.

Say if you're looking for something different the next time you go to Colorado, Southern Colorado has a lot to offer.

Do the Sangre de Cristo's or the sand dunes have many trails open to the public? I've visited there, but never Jeep'd there...

I'd love to live in that castle... :rolleyes:

I'd love to live in that castle... :rolleyes:

The picture doesn't do it justice. It is really big! This guy, Jim Bishop, built the entire thing by hand with a little help from his sons at different times. One of his sons use to stand on the Dragon's Head and light propane spraying out of it's mouth. He fell and broke his back I believe one day. You can spend a couple of hours going through the thing easily. Joe is an I hate the government type person. He has all kinds of signs about his beliefs pertaining to the Feds. When I first started going there only about half of it was built. If you don't like heights, there are places to stay away from. The big ball looking thing is about 100 feet in the air. The side tower is close to 150. Here is a web site about it: Bishop Castle - Adventure To New Heights | Official Website

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks