What about your nickname?

What about your nickname?

Fastatv

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ-7, 360 V-8, Turbo 400 trans, Quadratrac, Dana 30 up front, AMC 20 in rear with LOKKA locker, Otherwise stock...and rusty, but FUN!
I see many different nick names here on the site and I'm curious how folks got these names. There may already be a thread on this but I couldn't find it.
My nick name ( handle ) is Fastatv. Many years ago I use to drag race ( ride ) a Yamaha Banhsee. One day at the dirt drag strip, I was kicking everyones butt, and a few spectators told be that my Banshee was one fast ATV....hense, thats how I got my nick name. How about some others....come on in here with yours.
Should be some good reading! :chug: :chug:

Hedgehog .... How did I get the name Hedgehog? It would be nice to have some big manly story about being small but tough along with a bristly personality. The truth is I once had a Honda Element and I had a wife. The wife had a habit of throwing the kids toys away, many of them in brand new condition. One day she was tossing stuffed animals and I noticed a cute little hedgehog on top of the pile and snatched it up. In a way the hedgehog looked a lot like my Element with it's fat round body and short snuffly nose. It became my car mascot going everywhere with me. Hedgehog became my Board name, mostly because of the stuffed animal and partially because I can be prickly at times.

A funny side to this story. I'm from the Adirondacks in upstate NY. Here at work I have a friend that grew up very close to where I did. I was on a website doing something and he noticed that I was using Hedgehog. He was stunned because that was his board name too. There is some folk lore about folks from the Adirondacks being stubborn like a Hedgehog. I'd never heard that one, but it goes to show what a small world this really is.

I'm a member of SASS(Single Action Shooting Society)and it's my alias.
The full alias is "The Original Lumpy Grits".
LG

Mine got stuck on me 40 years ago when I wanted to build an underground house. It became my CB handle when I was driving truck and I use it when I can on different forums and in the off road club that I belong to.

Mine just comes from the origin of my CJ...
It was the car of the firecracker chief of a town named Lutry
in the French part of Switzerland...

I'm a State cop in Atlanta. My "customers" pretty much give me a few new nicknames everyday :D!!

The handle on here (and most of the other sites I troll on), hdgapeach, was something my better half created years ago. I'm lazy and can't remember squat when it comes to the username / password :dung:, so I just use the one she came up with for everything.

Stands for: hd - Harley Davidson, ga - live in GA, peach - well, she is a Georgia Peach!!

Like I said........I'm lazy :rolleyes:.

Mine is lazier...

I'm a Jr and my favorite ride is my 74 CJ5

:D

Funny thing, it's my handle on most all the sites I belong to...

Pirate, you tube, photo bucket, on and on and on...

:chug:

Grew up watching the Lone Ranger on Saturday morning TV and remembered the episode where the Lone Ranger disguised himself as an old Saddle Tramp to get in front of the Calico Kid to try and convince him to change his evil ways. The name stuck with me. About the time the CB craze hit in the late 70s I found myself “tramping” around the United States building restaurants for a company based in Miami. I’d spend 3 to 5 months in one spot depending upon the build then move on the next town and do it all again. I was never in one place long enough to rent an apartment and make the six month minimum lease so I would stay in old no-tell-motels that rented by the week. (Met a lot of interesting people living in those dumps) Needed a CB handle too at the time so Saddle Tramp seem to fit; kind of bummed the name was taken with the SASS as I’ve been using it for 35 year or so.

hole. Well its shortened to make it more palatable to the sensitive folks in this world. I'm blessed that my best friend is my wife, but she says I'm the biggest A-hole shes ever met. I'm good with that too. Just wish there was some kind of stuffed animal I could put on my dash that would convey that message to others :D I've thought of a donkey/jackass, but there's a big difference between stubborn and a-hole, not to mention I'd be pissed if someone thought I was a liberal :rolleyes:

Pretty interesting how some of us got our nicknames/handles. :chug: Fun reading! Hopefully more will join in here and let us know how they got theirs. :D

I wish that I would have chosen a much shorter name, hence the short form, "Bass". My wife was the Jeep nut in the family and kind of pushed me into joining the site (one of the best things she has done for me!). :) I never thought I would go into the site, so a user name really did not mean anything to me.

Where did it come from? No, it has nothing to do with fishing, though I do enjoy bass fishing immensely. It actually comes from the 4 stringed instrument, a bass guitar. I have played bass for the past 29 years, and had just gotten into Jeeps about 2 years ago at my wife's encouragement, so my 29 year "bass" background out weighed my 0 years Jeep background at the time.:rolleyes:

My wife was the Jeep nut in the family and kind of pushed me into joining the site (one of the best things she has done for me!). .......

married to mriplaybass and official jeep nut....:rolleyes:

I love the classic old CJ's so that is where my user name comes from...to some 58 is old, but my intention was the old in older CJ's... :) And I am a lady ;)

hense... old jeep lady I use this same username on all the sites I frequent.

:chug:

this is the first forum (and only so far) that ive joined. Im not good with coming up with names so i just used my 1st initial K and half of my last name. and a number that means something to me

Of Bavarian descent.

'One of council of nine'

Ya, I know, not as exciting as the others. For many years, most of my friends had no clue what my first name was.

I took mine from one of the worst additions to the later CJs. I have got rid of them all, so I don't have to carry an extra set of those wrenches in my toolbox, plus the tools needed to remove them when the heads strip out. It was unfortunate that now the throttle body addition has them though.

I drive a CJ7. My name is Jim
...'at's all I got :cool:

When I picked up a pretty much stock CJ with most of the parts in back I knew I would be working on and building. Since I like 007 (who doesn't?) and it a CJ 7, that became it's name. It like one of his vehicles but for fishing, hunting and wheeling:D

I considered mounting a hidden gun or something but thought cops might not appreciate if I got pulled over. :rolleyes:

My last name is Bond so I probably need not say any more. I'm a pretty big fan of that character Ian Fleming wrote about as well...

87d0ccf0cb416fafff79fef60db2920a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm a member of SASS(Single Action Shooting Society)and it's my alias.

The full alias is "The Original Lumpy Grits".

LG

Lumpy - my dad and I were into SASS for awhile - lots of fun - Big Galoot and Bigger Galoot - pretty pricey shooting nowadays though! I've got a nice set of stainless 45 bisley vaqueros that I like to fire off now and again as well as some black powder stuff.

Wooly is short for woolyworm which has been my call sign etc for a long time - just always had a thing for those Orange and black caterpillars I guess - and they crawl over anything which I like to try an do as well. :)

Wooly

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks