TJ7?

TJ7?
I really need to get some kind of heat in the garage to be able to work on projects through the winter

I really need to get some kind of heat in the garage to be able to work on projects through the winter
Sunny and 55 here. I have a window unit for heat in the summer here. Taking off now for a nice ride and get a hair cut. Have to admit the Jeep will be in the garage next week when your artic air comes south on Tuesday. Grrrrr. 1D7ACCFE-8077-4176-A3D8-186024F28785.jpeg

ashamed to show it as dirty as it is lol...oh yeah, it's a Jeep 🥴
change the rims and tires, went back to the 33's, 35's were just a tad too much for the current lift, also replaced rims with some nice aluminum/chrome 10"x15" with the correct bolt pattern, tucked them in some since removing the CJ rims and spacer.
2024-02-02_152149.jpg

installed the new speedo gear to correct the speedometer, repaired the ground on my new fog lights, had one that was intermittent.
Next up...seat extenders, replace broken pass flare(35's got it), when it warms up more-CJ tailgate replacing the TJ gate. Some rust repair on the rear corners, install side bar steps. Still have to replace muffler as well. Needs a full tune

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Not this summer due to all the repairs last year kept me from driving the whole summer, but maybe in 2025...SBC swap

scratch that...just realized the AMC V8's will bolt up along with the dodge motors with a bell housing swap, some starter and flywheel changes, but a whole lot easier than going Novak adapter to the sbc and welding motor mounts etc, thing either AMC 360 or Dodge 318/360 Magnum:unsure:

Seat extenders
Installed the driver side, passenger side next. Originally bought for just the passenger side as my wife complained about leg room(5'8"), she said this 99 seems to be more cramped than the 06 was, think she's right. But, I installed mine first, hers tomorrow, will catch hell lol.
Overall, fairly simple, took me a little over an hour mostly because one of my seat bolts someone had forced a wrong thread bolt in one hole, so...cutting-twisting with vice grips-drilling new hole-etc, added time.
Well made, I took pics to show installed, pic of both seats fully extended back to show added distance, and definitely more comfortable.
I wouldn't be surprised if the same kit can be used on a YJ,CJ, or slightly modded to work.
2024-02-08_133242.jpg
2024-02-08_133251.jpg
2024-02-08_133301.jpg

Wrangler TJ Seat Adapter Bracket for Jeep Wrangler TJ 97-06

Got the wife's side done before detection lol, a side note, if you have the seat flip up mount like I do on the passenger side, the rear bottom mounting area isn't completely flat, and I had to add a small spacer to compensate so the bracket wouldn't distort the seat mount when tightened. Pass side went way faster, maybe 40 min tops.
2024-02-09_131933.jpg
2024-02-09_131943.jpg
2024-02-09_131953.jpg
and differences in the floor pan that only works for the TJ, unless they make a kit for the others.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
😬Bad news for the TJ-7, spent last summer building it, hardly drove it...and might be trading it off on Tuesday...I'll be Jeepless first time in many years unless you count my wife's JKU

Trading for a Harley ?

Trading for a Harley ?
um...no, can't ride anymore due to arthritis in my hands.
1988 Dodge Regular cab long bed D100 2wd, built for race an old 60's Mopar 383 big block with a TCI streetfighter trans, MSD ignition, 8-3/4 rear end. you can eat of the underside, all new brakes suspension etc. Needs one fender replaced and a door panel on pass side, some minor cosmetics, possibly a new fuel sending unit.

bye bye🥲
2024-03-20_105252.jpg

Hello
2024-03-20_105306.jpg

Needed and wanted an old dodge truck, and the opportunity presented itself, and i have too many vehicles and no room, someone had to go.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks