TJ7?

So, started working on the flares, got the left front installed, removed the Sahara left side lower panel and rear Lt rear flare, had a little rust underneath the panel and was sanding it off before treating and painting it, was using a flapper disc on my grinder, almost finished sanding when it caught something and jumped to towards my hand and let go of it immediately to the ground but it got me, wasn't fast enough, i knew it hit only my finger, didn't feel anything different at first...but knew it got me, after a few seconds, looked at it...DAMN, tore my finger up.
2023-10-12_094714.jpg
2023-10-12_094722.jpg
I got a boo boo.
cleaned and bandaged it, too much to do to stop, so back at it today.
Got my finger on my left hand, I'm left handed but fortunately ambidextrous, so won't slow me down much.
Can't use the CJ rear flares, wheel well won't accommodate, so getting these to simulate the CJ rear flares.
2023-10-12_095520.jpg

Ouch ! Well at least you still have them all.

Thinking about renaming it TJ-57, as it has a CJ5 front grill and hood, Aftermarket CJ front flares, aftermarket CJ7 front fenders, CJ7 rear tailgate...:unsure:

So, started working on the flares, got the left front installed, removed the Sahara left side lower panel and rear Lt rear flare, had a little rust underneath the panel and was sanding it off before treating and painting it, was using a flapper disc on my grinder, almost finished sanding when it caught something and jumped to towards my hand and let go of it immediately to the ground but it got me, wasn't fast enough, i knew it hit only my finger, didn't feel anything different at first...but knew it got me, after a few seconds, looked at it...DAMN, tore my finger up.
View attachment 86565
View attachment 86566
I got a boo boo.
Got my finger on my left hand, I'm left handed but fortunately ambidextrous, so won't slow me down much.
Can't use the CJ rear flares, wheel well won't accommodate, so getting these to simulate the CJ rear flares.
i-aint-got-time-to-bleed-no-time.gif

View attachment 86565
View attachment 86566
I got a boo boo.
View attachment 86567
Suck it up Buttercup! Rub some dirt on it and get that ride fixed.

On a side note, I buy and sell a lot of Jeep parts/vehicles to fund our projects like a lot of people do to keep from using our "family money" so to speak, but got seriously EFFF'd yesterday. I sold a 4.0L Jeep motor that I bought in case I need a replacement for the one in my 99, decided I didn't need it and resold it it yesterday, was told it was drop in ready when I bought it this past summer, never did anything with it. The new buyer sent me pics of it partially dis-assembled this morning, total rusted inside pitted junk!, Frozen valves, pitted heads, looked good from the outside but a disaster inside, I'm refunding his money and letting him keep the core and most parts from it. I hate when I get burnt like that, almost make me look like a thief, but I won't let that get me down, I'll keep motoring on, plenty of a-holes out there, I won't let them get to me and remain positive there are still good people left, and hopefully the buyer i refunding understands. All in all cost me about $450 to $500.

Got the rear bumper installed, cleaned up some surface rust under the side panels, reinstalled the old rear flares and side panels. I think with weather closing in here and getting colder, it's about as far as I plan on going this year, so rear tailgate and bodywork will probably be on hold. What's left for this year is exhaust replacement, distributor replacement, and wiring all the LED's.
2023-10-19_083742.jpg
2023-10-19_083750.jpg
2023-10-19_083802.jpg
2023-10-19_083811.jpg

I know not many are big on decals on their Jeep, but I like-em
2023-10-19_102650.jpg
2023-10-19_102630.jpg
I like a splash of color, need to wash this dirty pig now

and so it begins...picking up another TJ next week, a 98 Sport, wife's trying to claim it since it's an automatic 6 cyl, she wants me to now make a Y-TJ, custom YJ front clip :eek: :rofl::eek::banana:

doing some wheel changes...found a nice set of chrome rims 10" with the correct 5x4.5" spacing, going to mount my 33's on them and remove the 35's, no more back spacer/adapter.
2024-01-10_121423.jpg

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
Nice, glad to see progress. :chug:
Well, not progress so much as a better looking profile, I wasn't going to change them till i saw them for sale cheap, kid needed money, plus the correct rim will ease up on bearing wear.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks