The Scrambler search is over.

The Scrambler search is over.
Awesome!!!

Ugh, beat me to it.

Nice find!!!

Also good to see someone listened to the poll they placed....

I really was leaning toward the tools before I posted it. I probably wouldve bought enough of them that I wouldnthave had enough $$$ to grab this one. :chug:

UShip? you don't need no stinkin UShip! borrow a trailer and pickup and go get it! Won't cost anymore than shipping and a 3 day weekend will cover the time.:D

I was looking to rent one but availability is the issue. It seems other people are trailering vehicle around to celebrate Easter too. :)

Pete, my CJ7 TF999 auto has a 304. If it were a 360 driving the 35's, I'd likely do sumpin stoopid and tear up drive train parts. I have yet to have to get out of the cab and lock the front hubs. Pulls like a big John Deere through all the mudholes I couldn't drive around.

Good to hear. My CJ5 had a 304 but it was whipped when I got it. I swapped in a 360 and all I could do was...:D

Nice find, Pete.
I'll bet you are going to be buying some tools too.
:)

With having 2 engines, it most likely isn't starting because it's not getting enough air. That hood scoop is way too small for this application. That size looks like it is original and for two 258's. First thing you should do is get a bigger one so they can breath.

You know what they say about a bigger hood scoop....

Attachments

• cj5-001-f.jpg
    cj5-001-f.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 208
  • Mater.jpg
    Mater.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Well now everyone is going to know why I jumped on it. Not often you see a CJ8 like this for $2200. :eek:

Good job, about 1 in 26,ooo
icon6.gif
Looks like another Scrambler saved.

Nice find, Pete.
I'll bet you are going to be buying some tools too.

Somewhere down the road for sure.

With having 2 engines, it most likely isn't starting because it's not getting enough air. That hood scoop is way too small for this application. That size looks like it is original and for two 258's. First thing you should do is get a bigger one so they can breath.

You know what they say about a bigger hood scoop....

You just leave my hood scoop alone. :D:D

Well now everyone is going to know why I jumped on it. Not often you see a CJ8 like this for $2200. :eek:

Good job, about 1 in 26,ooo
icon6.gif
Looks like another Scrambler saved.

True. I paid less for the Scrambler than the CJ7. :eek:

On a side note I feel bad ditching the one in Jersey. First I was gonna buy it and then my OT at work stopped. I ended up saving again but someone put a down payment on it. Then I had my knee go out when the other guy backed out. I was working a deal for a rusty one when I started adding up the price of tools and didn't have enough. Went back to that one cause it was still available. Then I found this one and finally paid some cash. Poor guy was jilted by me twice plus the other guy. I never put money down on the Jersey one , but hate the way the whole thing went down. In the end I just had to take what I felt was the better deal for me. Only time will tell

Peter - If the guy is upset, just show him the pictures and tell him what you paid with reassurance that he isn't asking to much. Any real car guy will understand immediately. You got one heck of a good deal.

I had a similar moment today. I talked to a guy in SC about buying a frame he had for sale. I have been trying to figure out how to drive 535 miles to get it (and rent a trailer). This morning a friend shows me a listing for a frame 2 hours away. So I had to tell the guy in SC that it would cost me too much to come get his. I am getting the one in VA this weekend. I still feel bad. But it is a better situation for me.

wheeling and dealing is a big boys game and it's every man for himself. I would have done everything I could to talk him down to at least an even 2 grand.

Not bragging but the asking price on the Willys PU was $2100 and I gave him $1600. I find that folding green Yankee dollars goes a long way in negotiations. Also you don't know where you stand if you don't ask. some good ploys are, "we both know this is a bit high, How much do you really need for this" and " you know I have to drive across three states just to get to you, how about cutting some slack for the effort" . A guy made the argument that he had something listed for twice as much when he first posted, I replied "and strangely enough you still own it, wonder why?".

guys, the negotiations are half the fun. The worst that can happen is you pay full asking price and you were more or less prepared to do that from the get-go. keep smiling and make it fun for him too.

Peter - If the guy is upset, just show him the pictures and tell him what you paid with reassurance that he isn't asking to much. Any real car guy will understand immediately. You got one heck of a good deal.

I believe I'll just leave him be. ;)

I had a similar moment today. I talked to a guy in SC about buying a frame he had for sale. I have been trying to figure out how to drive 535 miles to get it (and rent a trailer). This morning a friend shows me a listing for a frame 2 hours away. So I had to tell the guy in SC that it would cost me too much to come get his. I am getting the one in VA this weekend. I still feel bad. But it is a better situation for me.

Yeah I hear ya. Better for you (us) but makes you feel bad. This friend wouldnt go by Chop Shop would he? Thats the friend who showed me this Scrambler.

wheeling and dealing is a big boys game and it's every man for himself. I would have done everything I could to talk him down to at least an even 2 grand.

Not bragging but the asking price on the Willys PU was $2100 and I gave him $1600. I find that folding green Yankee dollars goes a long way in negotiations. Also you don't know where you stand if you don't ask. some good ploys are, "we both know this is a bit high, How much do you really need for this" and " you know I have to drive across three states just to get to you, how about cutting some slack for the effort" . A guy made the argument that he had something listed for twice as much when he first posted, I replied "and strangely enough you still own it, wonder why?".

guys, the negotiations are half the fun. The worst that can happen is you pay full asking price and you were more or less prepared to do that from the get-go. keep smiling and make it fun for him too.

You know me , Im cheap. :D Normally I wouldve haggled a bit just cause $2200 is a strange asking price. Right away I figured he wanted $2000 for it and was giving himself a buffer. This guy isnt on the internet and I knew I couldnt get down there right away or I would be shipping it. For some people thats a big hassle so I turned it around and told him I wouldnt haggle if he would hold it. I didnt want to lose it over $200.

I didnt want to lose it over $200.

Same here. Several times, when I find something at a great price, I'll pay the full amount. They're usually shocked and start throwing in all kinds of things. They also don't turn you down when you ask for the adapter plate, extra connector, or something else that you know doesn't usually come with it but would most likely need at some point.

As long as you got something extra, you came out ahead.:D

Yep. It was Mr Chop Shop. I owe him big!

Jims a great guy. This isnt the first time hes called , texted or pm'd me about something I was looking for. It may be the best one though. I try to do the same.

Same here. Several times, when I find something at a great price, I'll pay the full amount. They're usually shocked and start throwing in all kinds of things. They also don't turn you down when you ask for the adapter plate, extra connector, or something else that you know doesn't usually come with it but would most likely need at some point.

Speaking of I got a text from him today about additional parts he's throwing in. :chug:
As long as you got something extra, you came out ahead.:D

Read above. :cool:

WOW, you did fantastic on the price! Here in Texas that would have been triple the price for one in that shape. It's sad but seems like we have to pay a premium on decent CJ's and the Scramblers are really out there. Good luck, can't wait to see what you do with it,

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks