The Scrambler search is over.

The Scrambler search is over.

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Being the impatient guy I am Ive run the Gamut in my Scrambler search. Yesterday I finally put some cash down on a Scrambler project. I was going to take a look at , and probably buy the brown one in Jersey Ive posted a few times. Well that changed with a text , then call from a trusted source down in Virginia. My friend ran across a Scrambler that was outside the distance he wanted to travel so he quickly contacted me. Here are a couple pics I got.

New%20Scram%202_zpsfyhump6g.jpg

New%20Scram_zpsj8twjmqb.jpg

New%20Scram%204_zps5ajpki1m.jpg

New%20Scram%203_zps3vdiemyf.jpg

Now dont let the pics fool you this is a bit of a project. It has a spark issue along with the fuel not pumping from the tank. Theres a sheet of diamond plate in the rear covering a hole wich will be fixed. Overall Im pretty excited though. The big selling point for Vicki was its an automatic. It should be a fun project. Cant wait to bring that V-8 to life. Working out the shipping and such this week.

Way KWEL :notworthy:
When will you have it 'in-hand'?
LG

Way KWEL :notworthy:
When will you have it 'in-hand'?
LG

The UShip quotes are coming in but it wont be Easter weekend. Im thinking the week after. Nothing finalized as far as shipping yet.

Wow! Looks like a great find! Even comes with a rear engine :)

Wooly

Every Jeep has a story. Supposedly the one in the bed was removed cause it leaked from everywhere. The replacement was dropped in but it never ran after that. Minimal spark and the dizzy is a 2 wire compared to a 3 wire. I'll work it out. Its worth what Im paying with no drivetrain. ;)

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif NICE th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

That ain't no stinkin' project. a widdle o'd hole, a simple HEI drop in and some fuel line work. Heck that ain't nothin'. ............... Cool man looks really good. If it's nearly as nice as it looks in the pictures you are a big time WINNER my friend. Are you getting the spare engine too? If so a nice little rebuild and you are in bidness. Are they both AMC V8's?

Its a good solid project for what I paid. Solid frame , fair conditon body. Definitly wrth it. :chug:

That ain't no stinkin' project. a widdle o'd hole, a simple HEI drop in and some fuel line work. Heck that ain't nothin'. ............... Cool man looks really good. If it's nearly as nice as it looks in the pictures you are a big time WINNER my friend. Are you getting the spare engine too? If so a nice little rebuild and you are in bidness. Are they both AMC V8's?

Actually your right in that sense. Not a huge project to get up and running...but their all projects. ;) I get both engines but they're 304s. The one thatsin it is supposed to be cammed and such but we will see.

Looks like a nice score. Congrats! I hope to build one myself someday but that wont happen for a few more years when I retire. Good luck with the build.

Very nice Pete can't wait to see what your going to do with it.

Nice find. If you don't mind me asking, around what did it run. Can't wait to see better pics.

What the heck, you did get the wagon thown in on the deal? :D
Like I mention in your poll there will always be another deal down the road (NJ to Va).
Congratulations, looks like a fun project.

Congrats Pete :chug:

Looks like a nice score. Congrats! I hope to build one myself someday but that wont happen for a few more years when I retire. Good luck with the build.

I'm Not that patient.:D Good luck on your retirement project.

Your not fooling anyone, your plenty worthy. :notworthy:

Very nice Pete can't wait to see what your going to do with it.

Pretty simple. Get her cleaned up and running, full soft top and some other upgrades then out camping. :)

Nice find. If you don't mind me asking, around what did it run. Can't wait to see better pics.

Well now everyone is going to know why I jumped on it. Not often you see a CJ8 like this for $2200. :eek:

What the heck, you did get the wagon thown in on the deal? :D
Like I mention in your poll there will always be another deal down the road (NJ to Va).
Congratulations, looks like a fun project.

I thought of asking for pics of the Waggy but the wife helped me restrain myself. :pissed::pissed:

Congrats Pete :chug:

Thanks. I really liked the brown one in Nj but couldn't pass this up.

Congrats on the 8. It must be fast; it's got a hood scoop. :banana:

Heck yeah. :D It comes with the original hood but a tree branch fell on it. I think that scoop might grow on me. Time will tell.

Ugh, beat me to it.

Nice find!!!

Also good to see someone listened to the poll they placed....

UShip? you don't need no stinkin UShip! borrow a trailer and pickup and go get it! Won't cost anymore than shipping and a 3 day weekend will cover the time.:D

I get both engines but they're 304s. The one thatsin it is supposed to be cammed and such but we will see.

Pete, my CJ7 TF999 auto has a 304. If it were a 360 driving the 35's, I'd likely do sumpin stoopid and tear up drive train parts. I have yet to have to get out of the cab and lock the front hubs. Pulls like a big John Deere through all the mudholes I couldn't drive around.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks