Save a Jeep????

Save a Jeep????

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
This thing is one step from a scrap yard. Typical story, ran when parked 3 yrs ago. Doesnt even have the correct drivetrain , T-150 and Dana 20 in it. Yet somehow it calls out to me "help me help me". Kinda like Vincent price in The Fly. It comes with a frame. Im seriously considering it as a long term frame off ( obviously :D ) project. The only reason I consider it is Id be saving an "8" and Im looking for a full flat out project. What do you think? Probably grab it for under $1000

GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1695.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1696.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1697.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1698.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1699.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1700.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1701.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1702.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1703.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1704.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1705.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1706.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1707.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1708.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1709.JPG
GetAttachment.aspx

DCP_1710.JPG

c.gif

clear.gif

I think you FAIL at putting up the link! :D

you wanna restore what when you can't even post links :D
Just kidding we'll wait for pics but an 8 would be soooo sweet heck I want one.

What ?? I made a smiley so Peetie would know I still love him! :p

broken.png

Fixed it for ya Pete thumbsup.png

ME to :confused:

Umm.. He can't fix them after a certain amount of time... :) We'll get then straightened out! :)

picardv.jpg

You're doing it wrong!

Last edited:
Hmm. I can see them just fine. I'll download to photobucket and start over. By the way the Picard one made me lmao!!

So there you go. Really rough. Basically a full frame off project. It comes with a solid frame from a 83 not pictured. Obviously Im not looking to restore it or turn it around and make money on it either. Just thinking about saving it and building it into a reliable wheeler.

So, you said you would "probably" grab it for a 1000... I assume you did?
It looks fine to me... I started with similar ones.
If you have a decent frame and some axles, strip her down, put the tub on a dolly and start from the ground up... or sell it to me for a 1000... I always wanted a Scrambler, but couldn't afford one, so I made the scramJ7...

cb

Hmm. I can see them just fine. ~~~

That is because they are linked to your C Drive, remove them from the folder you have them in and they will not show up... :) Only use the IMG tag for NET images... :) Use the 'attach file' option for images or files on your PC... :)

I told him Id get back to him after vacation. Well Im back. :) I'll e-mail him today and see if its still available. If I do grab it this will be what I learn / start to learn to weld on. Theres a guy in my local Jeep club close by and willing to help and let me learn along the way. :cool: I'll send you his info if I dont buy , but I think you may be putting your money into that other little project your wife has for you.:D
So, you said you would "probably" grab it for a 1000... I assume you did?
It looks fine to me... I started with similar ones.
If you have a decent frame and some axles, strip her down, put the tub on a dolly and start from the ground up... or sell it to me for a 1000... I always wanted a Scrambler, but couldn't afford one, so I made the scramJ7...

cb

Ah ok. Got it. :eek:
That is because they are linked to your C Drive, remove them from the folder you have them in and they will not show up... :) Only use the IMG tag for NET images... :) Use the 'attach file' option for images or files on your PC... :)

I told him Id get back to him after vacation. Well Im back. :) I'll e-mail him today and see if its still available. If I do grab it this will be what I learn / start to learn to weld on. Theres a guy in my local Jeep club close by and willing to help and let me learn along the way. :cool: I'll send you his info if I dont buy , but I think you may be putting your money into that other little project your wife has for you.:D

Yes, the other little project is arriving next week, any guesses on the weight?

cb

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks