ok electrical guys (cj)

i went to use my lighter today and it dont work. as soon as i push it in my volt gauge drops to 0. it worked before and after i put my gauges in. the + on my oil gauge stopped working so i jump it from the + on the temp gauge any ideas.

Where on the temp gauge did you connect?
SpeedoPic.jpg

If you connected at "A" on the temp gauge (gauge on the right), then your drawing from the fuels gauges bi-metal regulator. This can cause damage to the gauge.
Badly grounded gauges will react if the lighter starts pulling a lot of current. Make sure the gauges and the dash is grounded well by adding a separate (at least) 10 gauge wire to the battery or a terminal block at that point, an 8 gauge wire is better.

Where on the temp gauge did you connect?
SpeedoPic.jpg

If you connected at "A" on the temp gauge (gauge on the right), then your drawing from the fuels gauges bi-metal regulator. This can cause damage to the gauge.
Badly grounded gauges will react if the lighter starts pulling a lot of current. Make sure the gauges and the dash is grounded well by adding a separate (at least) 10 gauge wire to the battery or a terminal block at that point, an 8 gauge wire is better.

i have a aftermarket temp gauge on my dash and jumped that.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks