ok electrical guys (cj)

ok electrical guys (cj)

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
i went to use my lighter today and it dont work. as soon as i push it in my volt gauge drops to 0. it worked before and after i put my gauges in. the + on my oil gauge stopped working so i jump it from the + on the temp gauge any ideas.

bad element?

Check for power inside at the center terminal. If there is power there, then its a bad ground or element.

I agree, check the element first. We get them all the time at work. Try one from another vehicle. May not fit right, but just hold for a few seconds to see if it gets hot.

before anything make sure it has a good ground and it might be a good idea to place it on a different ground. it sounds like your overloading the circuit, so that is what i would suggest.

Lighter took a :dung:, and shorted out the socket, then the fuse blew...

Have a look at your fuses...

ill check the fuse. just thought it was weird my volt gauge dropped to 0 every time i push it in.

Well, your lighter is a DEAD SHORT as far as the volt gauge is concerned, and if the lighter is wired in on the same circuit as the volt gauge (VERY likely) your volts would read zero or close to when the lighter is in use.

had a blown fuse. but it still dont work. i guess the next time i go to the jeep store i have to get a new lighter. does the mount come off. if so i can get one at work.

It's just the lighter element that is shorted. Take the actual lighter out of one of your work trucks! :laugh: You should be able to just find an element...

Quit smoking :). The Obama plan has them going up to around $7 a pack soon around here. Glad I quit.

our work is so cheap our trucks have no ashtrays and crank windows. even in our new pontiac vibe. i tried the lighter in it. one i use to have in my exploder and a map light. all drop the volt gauge to 0 and dont work. i think i might cut the ground wire and run it to a better ground where i got my tach and radio grounded

i do cause i have yet to fix my dash lights and used a map light in my lighter for dash lights. lol. i know im a redneck lol.

Nah redneck is using one of those flash lights with the magnet built in, you set it on the OHSH!T handle turn it on so you can see how fast your going at night.

ummmm.......yeah.......not that I've ever done that, LOL.:laugh:

Nah redneck is using one of those flash lights with the magnet built in, you set it on the OHSH!T handle turn it on so you can see how fast your going at night.

ummmm.......yeah.......not that I've ever done that, LOL.:laugh:

:laugh: never thought of that.

:laugh:eek:k cj your funny. you can take the jeff gordan :biggun:thing off lol. at lease you didnt put kyle busch.

I know not of what you speak of!!! :laugh:

i know you and coldwater are in on it. lol. mrsdalefan didnt get to see it. the funny thing is she is a mark martin fan.

Maybe the forum will have another hickup on her Birthday... It could happen!!! :D

lol. its a long time till january but i bet you guys will remember.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom