Build Thread new build.

Build Thread new build.
Among other things, yes. My guess is that it's also sold as a yj tub.
The windshield frame wasn't punched for defrost on either side, two body mounts are 3/8 of an inch from reaching the tub, tailgate has no nutsearts for cables, master cylinder holes were 3/8's high so the hood hits the master cylinder as well as several other things. My guess is that most body flaws are due to worn out stamping dies. The firewall on the other hand is just a shame. Not only were the holes in the wrong locations but the actuall contour of the firewall was so bad a stock heater box would not mount up.

There is a co. in Toledo that buys them and fixes all of the problems,marks them up and resells them at a higher price of course.

On the other hand they are stamped jeep on the side and tailgate, the floor was correct and best of all no rust. Since we aren't building a show jeep and it will probably end up on its side somewhere in Pa. we are overall happy with it.
Glad you are equipped and the problems are repairable.

That company is Willys Overland. I used a tub from them and everything was spot on. Was able to specify all the customizations I wanted also (holes in firewall, parking brake pedal mounting and type, fuel filler type, etc.) I liked them and decided to use them because I just didn't feel like doing the work myself.

You'll be done in no time though. :chug:

We are also getting ready to build another one and will be using one of their tubs. While we can do the work it's not really time effective for us. Between leave constraints and other time limiting factors it just makes more sense.

The lift was built after I blew my back out picking up a snowmobile and my doc. said no more stupidity. So we built that. It has been used for everything from axle swaps to engine swaps. Its only good for about 2000 lbs.

I'm in the middle of a frame-off restoration of a 1977 CJ5. I also bought a replacement tub from Willy's Overland. Those guys are great to work with, very detail oriented when they call to discuss the particulars of the tub and I will order from them again when I get to the CJ7 resto that's waiting in the wings.

But, I do think it's important to be realistic about these tubs. They aren't perfect and some stuff is a little on the rough side. Not the stuff that Willy's addresses, I'm talking about the quality of the spot welds, the joints and stuff like that.

I know it's bad form to post a link to my channel, but I've really tried to get down into the weeds with this tub, showing everything I've found along the way that needed cleaning up. If you're interested, the video where I start to really highlight some of the rough stuff is this episode.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks