Build Thread new build.

Build Thread new build.

Tinman22

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 something cj7,Gm 350,sm465,dana300 narrowed 60/14 bolt, mtr's on h1 wheels detroits and 4.10s
so we started a new jeep build and started with a 435/300 combo but decided to go auto instead. during the trans. 7A16B030-53F0-4C41-A328-F1F14F5906EC.jpegrebuild process i discovered the output bearing is shot...and also is a unicorn. i have found several posts,many part numbers and none match. no parts stores have it or a cross to it.

the trans is a 999 bearing no. is mrc-207s
2.835"/72mm od
1.233"/31.32mm id
.067"/17.5mm width

any ideas? we have made it this far and we are halted by a bearing

That will make for a sweet build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in motions parking lot when i posted this. that bearing has a 35 mm id. they cant figure it out either.

I got one anyway. i wonder how much slop it will tolerate?

Last edited:
What application is that 999 from?

80 something jeep. I think 84' it was in a jeep i got for parts years ago then sold then got back. But even the 84' is subjective. It dosent appear to have been rebuilt and has all of the correct 999 parts if there is such a thing. ribbed case,4 pinion planetaries,5/4 clutches. That bearing seems pretty common on euro. sites and their techs know the difference but here it seems to have been involuntarily deleted from the books.

Last edited:
a and a trans out of indy $25.00 p/n 12272A

trans back together bearing was $125.00 not $25.00 but oh well. fixed the lokar mess.

Nice Jeep. Nice shop to work on the Jeep also.

Sweet work, I’m mad for you on that bearing, no way it’s a $125 bearing but you got it and it’s in, what’s your plan for your kick down linkage?

I agree on the bearing. after calling everybody i got the same answer. a and a transmission had the last ones in captivity and they had 80 left. $125.00 take it or leave it. I live 9 miles from motion industries and they said the same thing. I might have been able to find it eventually but we only had 9 days leave and we really wanted to get it in and get onto wiring. Bouchillon performance is where i got the cable for the 440/727 jeep and its been perfect so far so we went back to them for that. We have 4 more days before he has to go back so we're going to do wiring and roll cage next.

I am so excited to see how this project will turn out -- that looks like a good build. I can't wait to see the progress through photos and updates.

Well we got the tub down and the front clip and windshield on in the time he had left. We got the steering column in and started getting the holley sniper wiring sorted.

We got measurements for the drive shafts for woods and measurements for the front axle shafts for dutchman after he left. Next up build a bam bar, shock towers and bump stop cans.

surprisingly enough the md juan tub wasn't half bad. Hard top fit like it should as well as the doors.

On the other hand the hood was a train wreck and 8C23146E-03F5-49CF-8650-2597DFDFC7A3.jpegF455A6A7-98A3-4458-8DE9-130E8118B02C.jpeg272C3CFA-117C-427C-8D7F-8174E7A0A311.jpeg2839C9C4-E98A-4DD3-9692-C4C01B1E7060.jpegI could have gotten the firewall holes closer with a bottle of bourbon and a blunderbuss. Thankfully lizzard skin covers everything.

Looks like they missed on the fuel tank opening also !

Among other things, yes. My guess is that it's also sold as a yj tub.
The windshield frame wasn't punched for defrost on either side, two body mounts are 3/8 of an inch from reaching the tub, tailgate has no nutsearts for cables, master cylinder holes were 3/8's high so the hood hits the master cylinder as well as several other things. My guess is that most body flaws are due to worn out stamping dies. The firewall on the other hand is just a shame. Not only were the holes in the wrong locations but the actuall contour of the firewall was so bad a stock heater box would not mount up.

There is a co. in Toledo that buys them and fixes all of the problems,marks them up and resells them at a higher price of course.

On the other hand they are stamped jeep on the side and tailgate, the floor was correct and best of all no rust. Since we aren't building a show jeep and it will probably end up on its side somewhere in Pa. we are overall happy with it.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks