My CJs Christmas Present

My CJs Christmas Present

Super8mm

Active Jeeper
Bronze Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5, 4 cyl, Borg Warner/Ford SR-4 4 spd, Dana 300 transfer case.
Start a heart transplant mid November with LS1 and SM465 :-)
My CJ's Christmas present got here today.
a SM465, tunnel cover, mount and twin stick. :banana:
I wont unwrap it until next Wednesday when the temps get above freezing "LOL"

I still have at least 2 months before I can do the install as Dr. still wont let me pickup anything with my left hand :(

Attachments

• SM465.jpg
    SM465.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 7
I had one of those also. :chug: 977A5A83-BE3C-42F5-A134-FFD7D83A7835.jpeg

Outstanding transmission choice for the avid offroader. Merry Christmas

Outstanding transmission choice for the avid offroader. Merry Christmas
I had to do something, I still had a SR4 in it but it was on its last let and making a lot of funny noises and trouble shifting and staying in gear. A lot of folks said they weren't worth trying to rebuild. I have 2 others that I thought I would get someone to rebuild but seems no one wanted to do it, just like installing. I had one place that comes highly recommended and they said they weren't really setup to do the swap but might try for $1500 and another one wont return calls.

Got several Christmas presents also. They include a tanks inc fuel sender, new gear set and ultra short output shaft fot transfer case, new driveshaft, and rear axle perches that supposedly reduce axle wrap. Pending shipment I also have a custom set of Speedhuts and a light aluminum clutch kit/flywheel combo. Got to do this while I still can. Life’s too short.

X2 on your last 2 sentences Patrick. I’m looking for more goodies in the near future also. Daylight is burning.

Life’s too short.
I hear that, I do have some other projects staged, 1 pc axles and rear disk brakes. then there is the Gen III LS1 on the stand waiting on me to order all the other bits to go with it "LOL"

Santa got here in the nick of time (Christmas eve today) in a FedEx truck. My new Corbeau Sport Recliners showed up. Got them installed and looking great. Still need to wire up the seat warmers, but they do have them pre-installed and also the wiring harnesses and switches in the box, plus I also got the inflatable lumbar support option as well. The old seats were just fine in terms of no tears, no sagging, still good support, just some scuffs. But I wanted the seat back pockets, adjustable headrests, lumbar support, and the warmers the new ones have. Here's the old seats in and then out of the Jeep:

Old_Seats.jpg
Old_Ones_Front.jpg

And here's the new ones, plus a side-by-side of an old and a new together:

Box.jpg
Old_New_Out.jpg
New_Old_Installed.jpg
All_Installed.jpg

Those look really nice.

Those look great, do they make your legs closer to the steering wheel because of the thickness of the bottom of the seat?

These do not make my legs any closer to the steering wheel. I do have an after-market Grant wheel that is slightly smaller (1" or so) diameter than the original stock. But I sit no higher in these than with the others. Of course the old ones were not stock Jeep seats either. So I can't speak to whether these are higher over a stock original or not. The seat bolsters are a bit thicker than my old ones. So getting in/out does have me closer to the steering wheel. But once seated, no difference. These are stiffer/firmer also. Hoping that settles down with some use. Love the adjustable recline. I had spacers under the rear mounting points on the brackets with the old seats to bring them more upright. Now those spacers are gone since I can adjust the angle of the rear part of the seat. I'm not driving a low rider where I need to be so far reclined all the time.

I mentioned that the wiring harnesses for the warmers was included. But what was not included is any instructions. There are two harnesses with some control modules, the switches (with high and low settings), and relays and a fuse holder. Most of that is easy to figure out. But the control modules may take some trial and error, along with a Youtube video or two. Since I already have power in my center console, I am planning to tap into that rather than running more wiring along the floor or drilling holes in the dash for the switches. Also have to figure out what to do with the inflator bulbs for the lumbar supports. They are literally a squeeze bulb (think like a blood pressure cuff) with about 20" of hose that connects under the seat. I just tucked them into the seat back pockets for now to keep out of the way.

Sounds great, enjoy them :tu:

Maybe there are some on line instructions or maybe call the manufacturer.

Maybe there are some on line instructions or maybe call the manufacturer.
Did find a Youtube video and got them all wired up. I didn't want to drill holes in the dash or run wiring across the floor. I already had power in my center console for the 12V and USB outlets, so I tapped into that power and mounted the switches on the front of the console either side of the existing power outlets. Now I have heated front seats in the old CJ.

switches_1.jpg

I have to admit a hot seat for a couple of weeks would be nice. Then for the other 11 months I would be looking for the AC switch on the seats.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks