Hmm upper shock bolt studs ???

Hmm upper shock bolt studs ???
"just looking at other possibilities on being the next easy way out."

Tarry gave you the NEXT easy way. Cut some course threads over top of the bitched up fine threads. The hardest part will be keeping the die perpendicular to the shaft, and that's just till you get it started. I'd hate to see you make more work for yourself by not trying this way next. And it only costs the price of the die.

how do you plan to use these?? cut off the old and drill a hole in the top of the frame to bolt them to?:cool:

If you can wait until I get my brake job finished I can give you a hand with that. at least let you use my die grinder to cut it off and if there is a halfway clear shot at both sides I can weld on the new one.

can you find a shoulder bolt to replace that one, It is pretty long. I like the 2" tube idea myself, if you can find about the right dimension and thickness.

you do work in a machine shop do you not? there should be a McMasters Car catalog laying around that will have the shoulder bolts you need and short pieces of very expensive tubing if you cant find anything at a scrap yard.:cool:

BUT first things first, try the die on the threads.

"just looking at other possibilities on being the next easy way out."

Tarry gave you the NEXT easy way. Cut some course threads over top of the bitched up fine threads. The hardest part will be keeping the die perpendicular to the shaft, and that's just till you get it started. I'd hate to see you make more work for yourself by not trying this way next. And it only costs the price of the die.

Tried and failed I know how to use die's the 1/2 20 threads were screwed so tried 1/2 13 die and when I put the nut on there it kept pulling threads up anytime I got it even snug so thought I would try a 7/16 14 cut new threads and that was a fail to.

how do you plan to use these?? cut off the old and drill a hole in the top of the frame to bolt them to?:cool:

Thats what I had in mind. I'm not sure that I could drive all the way to Garland lol, but I live in Pilot Point that is if you have a portable you can hall around and of course if you have the time and don't mind. I can get material I just don't really know what exactly I need there is plenty of 2" material laying around. I was just trying to figure out the best way to go about all this.

So the thread die's didn't work read ^^^^ there. So I went ahead and put the shocks on there with loose nuts not super loose though, started on the rear end going to try and get it knocked out but I may have to drop my gas tank being that the shackles are so close to it but maybe not :confused: but it does seem to be going A LOT smoother then the front end.

Thanks guys

If you can wait until I get my brake job finished I can give you a hand with that. at least let you use my die grinder to cut it off and if there is a halfway clear shot at both sides I can weld on the new one.
can you find a shoulder bolt to replace that one, It is pretty long. I like the 2" tube idea myself, if you can find about the right dimension and thickness.
you do work in a machine shop do you not? there should be a McMasters Car catalog laying around that will have the shoulder bolts you need and short pieces of very expensive tubing if you cant find anything at a scrap yard.:cool:
BUT first things first, try the die on the threads.

I will get measurements and some square tubing, the shoulder bolts are easy to come by.

Sry about all the hassle just trying to figure all this out and it's extremely hard for me to explain cause I'm still new to all this.

Thanks again :notworthy:
:chug:

sorry to say it but my welder stays pretty much where it is.

would you like to talk about two 12V batteries, some jumper cables, a welding helmet and a 5# box of E7014 s ?? That is about as cheep as it can get.:D

I have never actually tried this but I keep thinking about trying it just to see how well it works.:cool:

for a bit more you can pickup a flux cored wire machine from HF for about $100. Alsonot my first choice but it will make a weld, I have used one of these.

remember: half the fun of owning a CJ is it gives you an excuse to buy new toys, like air compressors and welding machines.

sorry to say it but my welder stays pretty much where it is.

would you like to talk about two 12V batteries, some jumper cables, a welding helmet and a 5# box of E7014 s ?? That is about as cheep as it can get.:D

I have never actually tried this but I keep thinking about trying it just to see how well it works.:cool:

for a bit more you can pickup a flux cored wire machine from HF for about $100. Alsonot my first choice but it will make a weld, I have used one of these.

remember: half the fun of owning a CJ is it gives you an excuse to buy new toys, like air compressors and welding machines.

Lol, I'll see what I can do and let you know. Denton has a new HB and I will admit that some of the :dung: there is just plain :dung: lol. I'm going to get some square tubing today and drill a hole in it now do you think that the shoulder bolt should be welded to the tubing or should be fine sticking through there?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks