Hi, my name is CJ and I'm a toolaholic,

Hi, my name is CJ and I'm a toolaholic,
I think Susie should be banned from this site for saying such a thing.LOL In Delaware, that is grounds for divorce. But if he does decide to get rid of them, i will take them.;)

I also am Steve the toolaholic. Some of the sh!t I have ended up with amazes even me. This may be the perfect time to mention this, I know it should go in classifieds but this thread is covering many issues.
I have a Snap-On QD 4600 torque wrench that I acquired and never ended up needing it. It now needs to go to someone that will use it. It lists for $665.00, reasonable offers will be considered.

I think maybe that I might be a toolaholic also? The good thing is my wife doesn't have a problem with this and encourages me in doing this.:):):) Before I moved up to AK I bought a full set of tools for 400 dollars. Being a mechanic I am always buying tools that I think will make my job easier. Right now I have a set of tools in my service truck, at the shop and enough for a couple of sets at home.
I started buying both my sons tools too. They have a perty good collection right now also.(I did this so I wasn't looking for all my tools all over). This seems to work good so far.
The problem where I live is we only have a small SEARS (tools, TV, and appliances) and a Wal-mart (only buy stuff there if I need it yesterday). The rest of the stuff I get off line and and it takes forever to get to this town and shipping is costly so I try to buy thing together to combine shipping. Always looking for the deals.
There goes that voice need to go.

I have a very big box in the garage right now full of old tools. He just bought a new toolbox, so when he put his new tools into the new toolbox, I made him box up the old ones. I told him to take the old ones somewhere, give them away, send them in the trash, I didnt care. They will be sitting there this time next year...
theres no such thing as old tools when i got my divorce she got the house and the furniture and i kept all my tools Yes my name is Steve and im a toolaholic i have tools a lot of people have never heard of or know what there for i use to build Rolls Royces then worked for Ferrari making there bodies im retiered now no job no wife and no debts and even with 3 girlfriends its a cheaper proporsition than marriage lol Telling your ol man to get rid of his old tools is grounds for divorce :D

My Name is Jim and I am a Toolaholic, I have a huge set of tools to work on vehicles, a set for work, a set for the house and a set to carry in the Jeep. I also have a deep drawer in the main tool box that has duplicate tools eavery other set has.

I have a very big box in the garage right now full of old tools. He just bought a new toolbox, so when he put his new tools into the new toolbox, I made him box up the old ones. I told him to take the old ones somewhere, give them away, send them in the trash, I didnt care. They will be sitting there this time next year...

This is the only possible way some of us will get into heaven!! If you own enough tools and/or a classic vehicle they have to let you in. There is a sliding scale for both tools and cars, it is very complicated. One Snap on torque wrench is worth 30 assorted Stanley screw drivers or 12 assorted Kline screw drivers. A 54 Corvette is worth two 57 Belairs or five 72 VW Super Beatles. From what I understand one CJ of any year and /or condition and enough tools to keep it in top shape (this is the elusive part, just what is “top shape”) will pretty much ensure
passage through the pearly gate.

I guess you could call me a toolaholic, but I just think I like to be prepared. I have 2 roll arounds with top boxes at home for what ever comes up plus a rollaround with top and middle box for work. There is also a carry box for trail repairs on the jeep.
I have every thing from 1/4" drive to 3/4" drive sockets and at least 3 of everything plus quite a few homemade special tools that I have made over the years.
Maybe the wife is right I am a toolaholic.:D Aww I feel better now.:chug:

My name is Larry and I am a toolaholic.
I guess I was in denile, even after buying my 5th set of open end/box end wrenches just because it was more cost effective than buying the one 1/2 inch wrench I had convinced myself I needed, I still could not see that I was sick and needed counseling.
Yesterday a friend dropped by on his way to Northern tool and wanted me to "just ride along", I could do that, sure I could! But alas can a wino go to the beverage store just to "look around"? I think not.
I got a good price on the 3/4 inch D ring clevis I need for the bumper I haven't built yet and O picked up two very nice 50 cal ammo cans for the Thorwon speaker cabinet project and every thing was OK , I had not actually bought a tool, I would leave this place of sin and degradation with a clear conscience.
And then I saw it, I tried to turn away but it was no use. You have been there , I know you have! you see that one tool that you have never seen before, the one that under the very remotest, slightest and unusual condition may be absolutely perfect for the process that may be required at least once in this life time. something else to set in a place of honer in the tool box with the Kline bottle opener and the weird metric tube wrench that fits the power steering hose on the jeep better than any other wrench you could find and the puller you bought and had to modify to get the rear bearing out of the t-176 tranny case.
This was where It came to me like a bolt from the blue. I too am a toolaholic.

It's a 3/8 short extension with a led in the tip so it shines through the socket. How many times have you said to your self, "self, why does such a tool not exist?" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I got one for me and one for my kid brother, it's his birthday.

Hi I'm Steve, and I deffinetly am a toolaholic! Ok, it goes with the job....I'm a jeep mechanic:)....Between the 2 shops I've got $150,000 in tools and equiptment. The down side? $90. per week snap-on tools payment:(.

Hi I'm Steve, and I deffinetly am a toolaholic! Ok, it goes with the job....I'm a jeep mechanic:)....Between the 2 shops I've got $150,000 in tools and equiptment. The down side? $90. per week snap-on tools payment:(.
A $90 a week habit?? it could be worse.:cool:

good thing they are snap on
I cannot go into Sears without a pass through the tool department. And that can be expensive. One of Sears marketing schemes is they do not sell sets of tools in complete sets. they will combine 7 or 9 wrenches, when you need 12 to cover the bases, then put it on sale, you go in and have to buy 3 or 5 other wrenches at full price.
Now not being a professional, I depend on Craftsman, they may not be as good as snapon, or mac, but then I do not have to chase a truck down for warranty.

Hi My name is Seth,

I think i am becoming a toolaholic. It all started when i was 12 and my dad was cleaning out his work truck and handed me a tool box full of beat down power tools and loose sockets wrenches and screwdrivers. I had almost beatin my addiction the first 2 years in the military since i didnt have a house or anywhere to store tools except the trunk of my small car where a 300pc craftsman socket and wrench set.
Now however i do believe it is back! For Christmas this year i received a 50$ gift card for sears, new grinder, jeeper creeper, small craftsman tool bag( wife said i should carry the 300 pc around everywhere) that is full and sits right beside the big one in the trunk of the mustang, Gear head metric swiveling ratchet wrenches:drool:, Pliers set, screwdriver set and a few other misc things. oh did i mention that i went to get a necklace from sears for the wife for christmas and came out with a few things for myself:rolleyes:... Is there hope for intervention? if there is DON'T sign me up! lol :chug:
oh by the way the mustang has the 300pc the small tool bag and a 2 1?2 ton floor jack in the trunk at all times. nothing else will fit lol :cool:

Seth, you fit in around here
Sorry to tell you that

Hey I just realized something, you are not truely a toolhead until your tool box ix so tall you need to tip toe to look in the top
mywife told me that when I sent here to get me a screwdriver out of the top of my tool box while I was under one of the jeeps

Seth, you fit in around here
Sorry to tell you that

Hey I just realized something, you are not truely a toolhead until your tool box ix so tall you need to tip toe to look in the top
mywife told me that when I sent here to get me a screwdriver out of the top of my tool box while I was under one of the jeeps

well glad to know i fit in :cool:, but if the above is true it sounds like i need a bigger tool box!!!:chug:

yea so do I . but then she is 10 inches shorter than me

yea so do I . but then she is 10 inches shorter than me

same here my wife is 5'1" and im 5'11" go figure. but my tool box is only 3':(... good news is i have a 50$ gift card to sears! i know where im going this week!!! possibly harbor freight as well!:drool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom