Hi, my name is CJ and I'm a toolaholic,

Hi, my name is CJ and I'm a toolaholic,

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
It has been six hours since I last bought a tool.

So, I head off to the local Tractory Supply to pick up a 110v plug so I can wire up a work bench with an overhead light. No problem, found it right as I walked in the door. Somehow I walk out with a 110v male plug, a 5/16 ratcheting wrench for a side mount battery, battery felt pads, battery anti corrosion spray, a battery terminal cleaner, battery cleaning spray (of which you must be 18 to purchase (damn huffers!)), 16 oz of jack oil and a new 3.5 ton floor jack! What is wrong with me??? :confused:

Now in my defense, I did need a new terminal cleaner and ratchet as my good for nothing next door neighbor hasn't returned mine and I want to freshen up the battery installation on my Mountaineer (really just needed the terminal cleaner). Also, my two floor jacks are being used right now so I didn't have a free one... See - good reasons if you ask me!

Now, it just happens that Sears is right next door to Tractor Supply so I also decided I would pick up a few rebuild kits for the many broken 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive ratchets... Some how I left with a new package of screw drivers and a three piece pry bar set! I swear it wasn't me! They forced me to buy them! :D

So - now it's confession time... Who else has a little 'problem' like me? I bet I'm not the only one...

So - fess up!

Attachments

• IMG_2937.JPG
    IMG_2937.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 234
Welcome!
I used to drive OTR, and one time when we went home for a break there was a tool sale at the fairgrounds. Uh HUH..$500 the first day...$500 the second. the third day we were home I promised the wife we wouldn't stop in, but the local tool store didn't have what I wanted, so there went another $500! :laugh:

Did I mention that we lived in a semi-truck and ended up storing all of it for almost 2 years before we even opened the boxes? Yea I feel your pain!

i know exactly what you mean i work at a shop so the tool guys come by there once a week and if i step on the truck i normally buy something i just called the mac guy and he is bringing me an automatic welding helmet tomorrow because im a dumb *** and burnt my face patching in a panel on the wifes cj not very smart sometimes because i knew before that it would happen i spend more a month in tool payments than car payments oh well i can always justify a new tool
later mike

I had a feeling that this was a big group... I bet I have been a toolaholic for about thirty or so years now...

I bet I have lost more tools than many have even owned (except people who work on their vehicles)...

I started to clean up my work shop / garage this afternoon and couldn't believe the tools I found in little hiding places! I need to be more careful! :rolleyes:

If this year goes as planned, I will be able to get a fairly large shop and outfit it the way I've always wanted.
I've moved a lot over the last decade so my tool collection isn't what it used to be. But I could usually do what I wanted to. This last move to OK really cut my parts and tool collection down and I'm really starting to feel it. I want to get out and build things, but I don't even have electrical on the slab I call my 'garage/shop'. So its tough right now. I'm really looking forward to a new shop!

LittleCJ I'm right there with you. We just saved our house and Pops is financing all tools and electrical for our garage to build the CJ5 he bought us to re-do. Just hooked up a Hobart Handler125, Auto dark welding helmet, and gloves in the last couple days. All my tool purchases go to work. And when anyone asks what I need for x-mass or B-day, you guessed it, TOOLS.

I am a mechanic. It all started when I bought my first Snap-On box. The few tools I had looked lonely. :( I had to remedy that so I bought more tools. :) Soon that box was full. Needed a bigger box. New box left space between tools. Once again they looked lonely. It is a viscious circle. I thought I had it under control when I bought a Snap-On box for home. Darn tools looked so lonely again. I now have spent over $5,000 on tools just for home to work on a jeep I bought for $800. My wife doesn't see the logic. :confused: My toolbox (empty) at work cost over 10x's the amount I paid for my jeep, and it only has 6"x2"x4" tires and scores a 0 on an rti ramp.

I see the logic! It makes perfect sense to me...

I'm a Matco fan myself (for my non-share tools) nut I also have a massive amount of Snap-On. The trucks that come to me are my downfall... No longer do I have to go 'look' for tools - they are delivered! :)

i always say you can never have to many tools. every time my wife ask me to fix something i tell her i need a new tool to do it. it worked for awhile until she caught on.

That is an awesome idea! :notworthy: I will have to try that. I knew this forum would be good for ideas!

:chug:lol

well well!!! hmm!! where do i start
do i start with the 1200 dollar :drool:tool box that snap-on just brought to me today:notworthy: now last week was the fun one
They just opened a lowes in soldoltna (about 80 miles from me)
had the old lowes card that was expired when they first opened
got my new on in the mail last friday. spent 1200 on a few things new makita power tool set, 1/2 in impact, and a compressor that was another 600 that i paid in cash (gotta love scratch and dent) 899 normally

just a few more things to sit in the garage and play with while :booze:
but i have figured out that ends up with a :censored::censored: why did i do that the next day.

Ahh... Lowes... I stopped by today to pick up a new florescent drop light.

Walked out with a new knife, 4 lb sledge, 1/2" long breaker bar, several clamps, leatherman, and other various tools. I got out pretty easy this time.. Only $240 over the $28 I expected to spend on the drop light... :)

I'm beginning to think I just don't want any help with my addiction... I think that is called 'denial'.

Look for a special edition of Intervention on A&E just for us Jeep owners!

Only 10 of the 12 voices in my head tell me I am a tool addict. According to federal court rules, all 12 have to aggree or it is a mistrial. I am not a tool addict by way of a mistrial.

Hello, my name is Steve, and I am a tollaholic...

Between my Dad and I, there are about 5 different tool boxes, varios wrench and screwdriver collections, mountains of scrap material with even larger mountains of tools to work on them with - all stuffed into a double garage...

So... yeah. Toolaholic here too.

I have a very big box in the garage right now full of old tools. He just bought a new toolbox, so when he put his new tools into the new toolbox, I made him box up the old ones. I told him to take the old ones somewhere, give them away, send them in the trash, I didnt care. They will be sitting there this time next year...

I have a very big box in the garage right now full of old tools. He just bought a new toolbox, so when he put his new tools into the new toolbox, I made him box up the old ones. I told him to take the old ones somewhere, give them away, send them in the trash, I didnt care. They will be sitting there this time next year...
Sacrilegious! There is no such thing as an 'old tool'... All tools need love and tender care... They should be used as often as possible!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks