Headed home, finally

Headed home, finally

WHATROAD

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj7 RENEGADE, Hard Top, factory air, reman 258 I6, ax15, D 300, D 30, AMC 20 with one piece axle, welded tubes and a searchers truss system, 4.56 gears, 4" lift, BFG 33x12.5x15, DirtWorx front and rear bumpers, rock sliders
Okay folks, did the search and didnt find much in the way of answers. I am finally moving back to Colorado. Long overdue and much needed. The issue is what do I have to look forward to in the way of re-tuning my flat lander Florida functioning cj for the return to the Springs. Primarily, should I rework the carb for the altitude and what can I expect to face with the emmision control police. The entire jeep is stock with the exception of the lift and only has 109,000 miles on it. Thanks for any advice at this point.

I should be home by July. As you can imagine, my activity chart is full up but if I can get some of this done before I leave it will probably be helpful.

You will need to give it a little more timing for the altitude and the air is thinner so you may need to adjust the carb. As for the emmision test it will need all the factory emmision equipment.

Depends on where you end up. In Southern and some Eastern Colorado, emissions testing is not done. In you big metro areas it is and requires a special sticker. All depends on the county you register it in. Check the law by during an internet search of state emission laws. Rod (Use to live in Southern Colorado)

Heading home, as they say "Home is where the heart is." Don't be surprise to find a place you hardly recognize. California has done much to ruin the promise that Colorado once was. Beautiful state though.

Thanks for the reply guys. I was hoping that it wasn't going to be too painful on the pocket book. All of the emissions control is still in place from the factory so I guess it will boil down to how well it still works. I'll wait until I get to the Springs and hope to find a good shop to do the carb.
Saving up now for the retag costs. I guess I wont be buying new tags for the $65 I'm used to.

California was moving in when I left so no surprise there. Family is still coloradan and the old trails are still there from what they tell me. At My age I don't hang out where the youngsters do. My habits should fit right in . I am amazed at how much more expensive everything has gotten. I just know that I plan on spending my remaing days where I started. I don't want to die in Florida.

Thanks again for the heads up
Skeet

Your tags should be about the same cost and the emmision test runs $25 and is good for two years.

Thats good news. I seem to remember, back in the day, they use to base your first tag at vehicle cost when new. Normal pricing there after. Has to be done no matter.

Is the Blue Parot still open in your neck of the woods wheeler? Long time since I left Arvada.

I cant wait to get home. Tahnks for the info

So moving to Colorado Springs are you in the Military?

No, Im a commercial pilot that has decided to sell his services in his home state. Research showed Colorado Springs to be more affordable than Denver. Economy woes affect most decisions for us these days. Im getting a little long in the tooth but I dont fit in with the grey haired crowd down here at all.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks