Harbor Freight Welder

Harbor Freight Welder
I'm Taking the easy way out and grabbing a Scrambler that is leaps and bounds more solid body wise. I'm using the cash I would've used on a welder and panels to make up the difference in asking price. Thanks for the answers but I'll save a ton of time this way.

Peter .... peter .... peter - A man of your obvious skills without a welder is like a bull without ba........ aahhh ..... reproductive organs.

My welder is a Lincoln 140, it's a 110 unit with gas system, sure it could have more heat settings, but there seems to be enough for my purposes. And no you can't weld much more than 3/8" steel, but what is thicker than 3/8" on a jeep or most any other home project? There are several other models in the same price range, when money comes available you really should invest in one of them.

I'm keeping pics of both Scramblers and I think everyone will understand my decision. I will get myself a welder for sure. It's just going to be later.

Peter .... peter .... peter - A man of your obvious skills without a welder is like a bull without ba........ aahhh ..... reproductive organs.

My welder is a Lincoln 140, it's a 110 unit with gas system, sure it could have more heat settings, but there seems to be enough for my purposes. And no you can't weld much more than 3/8" steel, but what is thicker than 3/8" on a jeep or most any other home project? There are several other models in the same price range, when money comes available you really should invest in one of them.

Ditto. I love mine. I'm not a pro welder by any means by I can run a pretty good bead and the 140 makes it easy. My father in law worked as a pipe fitter for Monsanto and has a 98% xray accuracy - he was very impressed with it - in fact, he bought it for me. Yes, awesome gift! A welder if w fair chunk of change, but boy it opens up a hole world of options. Good luck with the 8!

Wooly

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks