Custom Cj fenders for Tj flares

Custom Cj fenders for Tj flares

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Most of you know Im not a fan of high suspension / shackle and or body lifts. Everything is fine in moderation so to speak. Thats why I always tout the Tj fender flare modification for Cjs. This mod really opens up the wheel area for your Cj to accept larger tires without the disadvantage of a higher center of gravity or the danger of snapping longer body mount bolts in off camber / under load situations.

The downfall of using Tj flares is you have to cut your existing fenders and the body lines dont match up well if your not a professional body man. The rear fenderwell isnt a problem but the front fenders can be unsightly.

Enter Jeff Scherb. Youve probably seen me mention his work here before here:

http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f49/cj-pick-up-2879/?highlight=gaucho

How about these new fiberglass fenders Jeff has come up with that work on a Cj Grill and follow the line of the Tj flares. If I can get my hands on a set I'll be using them for sure. :cool: Heres a couple pics showing what Jeff has done with a complete fiberglass front clip using a Cj grill for a Tj / Lj

FullClip3.jpg
FullClip1.jpg
FullClip5.jpg
FullClipRenegade2.jpg

yes please. one question though. can you open the rear wheel wells up to accept the tj rear flares on a CJ5?

Yup. Ive seen them on one CJ5. If I can dig up a pic I'll post it. Not sure if I can remember where I saw it though. :confused:

yes please. one question though. can you open the rear wheel wells up to accept the tj rear flares on a CJ5?

His work is awesome

Makes the club I use to run around with grill we made look amateur...which it is:D

4418093742_aa505073e3_o.jpg

Yup. Ive seen them on one CJ5. If I can dig up a pic I'll post it. Not sure if I can remember where I saw it though. :confused:

you mean like this one?

SANY0168.jpg

Call it what you want but that is pretty freakin cool. :notworthy: What an interesting idea. How many beers did it take to inspire this creation? :D
His work is awesome

Makes the club I use to run around with grill we made look amateur...which it is:D

4418093742_aa505073e3_o.jpg

:agree:Killer grill man.:chug:

Thanks guys, I was just a part of it, our club hosts a big "summer bash" every year with a huge bbq and we decided -as pointed out under the influence of many beers- we decided we needed a bigger grill. One of club members donated the CJ and we went to work!

The best part is we heated the frame pulled it in and welded on a tow receiver. You will notice the turn signals are red we made them brake lights. I can't imagine the thought going thru people's heads as they come up on a jeep facing backwards.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks