cj7 reverse shake.

cj7 reverse shake.
Poor R&P choice and X2 about braking with OEM axles.
IMHO-33's are a 'stretch' for the OEM Dana 30 front and Model 20 rear.
Your clutch and tranny will really be the ones to suffer with the torque load.
I would suggest you look at 4:56-4:88 R&P ratio w/35's.
LG

lol lastnight i started looking at tires and looking to lower the lift. didnt look that big in the pics. went and looked at it and it was big. but loved the jeep. but from get go wanted to shrink it a bit. thanks for all the info from all of you. so i have 35's for sale like brand new.lol

can you run 0 lift with 31's?

Yes - but at extreme suspension travel you will likely get some fender rub. I ran 31's on my two previous CJ's with OEM suspensions with no rub, but then I never went too extreme on the crawling...... it'll look nice in 31's and no lift :chug:

Tires can be a little wonky for size. I've seen 32's the same size as a tall 31. A 31 (same with any tire) is rarely actually 31" tall. That's just something to think about when buying tires. I'm a big believer in 10.5x31x15 tires for a relatively stock CJ. My CJ old '80 CJ5 had stock suspension and it handled 31's well, but the tire would rib the frame in a tight turn. The '75 I have now came with a suspension all jacked up, I actually dropped it down as much as I could without buying new springs. The 31's don't rub at all and the frame would have to crack in half for them to rub the fenders.

Tires can be a little wonky for size. I've seen 32's the same size as a tall 31. A 31 (same with any tire) is rarely actually 31" tall. That's just something to think about when buying tires. I'm a big believer in 10.5x31x15 tires for a relatively stock CJ. My CJ old '80 CJ5 had stock suspension and it handled 31's well, but the tire would rib the frame in a tight turn. The '75 I have now came with a suspension all jacked up, I actually dropped it down as much as I could without buying new springs. The 31's don't rub at all and the frame would have to crack in half for them to rub the fenders.

:agree: I like a stock Jeep and I have ran 31 -10.5 on all of them. Unless you plan on rock crawling it's all you need.

OK I’ve been watching this thread for a while I don’t want to muddy the waters but I run 35’s I have all new Manue brake system new tie rods ball joints u-joints no sway bar got a 4 inch lift up front spring under axle I’m using stock springs in the rear spring over My jeep handles perfect 60Mph on the highway and she brakes just fine accelerates nice handles the corners decent for a CJ

I guess what I’m trying to say is if you want to run 35s you got to take the time and build your jeep right don’t let anybody tell you that you need to go back to stock or a smaller tire unless that’s what you really want otherwise like I said if you build it right it’ll handle 35s I do it all day long 30up front AMC20 in the rear nothing special just confidence in what your building and doing it correct regardless of what the status quo is

Black Betty handles 500 mile road trip’s hot or cold She’ll wheel all weekend and drive home like nothing happened Of course I don’t have a winch yet but my JK buddies always pull me out when I get too stuck lol

Don’t get me wrong I know I’ll break something one day but that’s all part of being prepared for any and all circumstances close to home or on the road

I say this respectfully of course because without this site I wouldn’t have built/fix-up the 3 CJ7s iv owned in the last 6 years

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks