Best sounding exhaust for 4.2L

Best sounding exhaust for 4.2L

kaotik1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 Loredo 4.2L
So whats the best sounding exhaust for a 4.2L emissions isn't a problem for me. I have heard some people say a straight pipe with a cherry bomb, others have said a straight pipe with a flowmaster muffler, some have said just a straight pipe and nothing else. What do you guys recommend? Not looking for something extremely loud just something that sounds good.

The quieter the better.

:agree:

You can have a good sound'n Jeep, without the LOUD...........

LG

reason I ask is cause I had a 89 YJ in the past with a 4.0L and it sounded horrible like a damn tractor. Not looking for something that sounds like a tractor again

The 4.2L history is a tractor engine. :D
That's why it's 'redlined' at 4500 rpm.
LG

As long as it's a quiet tractor ..... I've never had a problem with the quiet power of a tractor motor. You don't really want a screaming Indy car or a drag car sound and god bless you not to want the sound Japanese car with a noise can hanging out the back. Remember, what sounds nice for the first 1/2 hour can become down right annoying a month down the road.

Last edited:
Link is 'no-joy'.
LG

THX for try'n-But now seyz-'this web page not available' use'n the 2 new links you post'd :confused:
LG

It worked for me LG

Liked the first one better. Mine does sound like the second one though, but mine is a V8.

Here with the smog Nazi's I'm running a Magna-flo Cat and muffler, 2 1/2" from header back. Very pleased ;)

THX Elwood, that second link you add'd, work'd just fine. :notworthy:
Still no luck with the others. :confused:

LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom