Best sounding exhaust for 4.2L

Best sounding exhaust for 4.2L

kaotik1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 Loredo 4.2L
So whats the best sounding exhaust for a 4.2L emissions isn't a problem for me. I have heard some people say a straight pipe with a cherry bomb, others have said a straight pipe with a flowmaster muffler, some have said just a straight pipe and nothing else. What do you guys recommend? Not looking for something extremely loud just something that sounds good.

The quieter the better.

:agree:

You can have a good sound'n Jeep, without the LOUD...........

LG

reason I ask is cause I had a 89 YJ in the past with a 4.0L and it sounded horrible like a damn tractor. Not looking for something that sounds like a tractor again

The 4.2L history is a tractor engine. :D
That's why it's 'redlined' at 4500 rpm.
LG

As long as it's a quiet tractor ..... I've never had a problem with the quiet power of a tractor motor. You don't really want a screaming Indy car or a drag car sound and god bless you not to want the sound Japanese car with a noise can hanging out the back. Remember, what sounds nice for the first 1/2 hour can become down right annoying a month down the road.

Last edited:
Link is 'no-joy'.
LG

THX for try'n-But now seyz-'this web page not available' use'n the 2 new links you post'd :confused:
LG

It worked for me LG

Liked the first one better. Mine does sound like the second one though, but mine is a V8.

Here with the smog Nazi's I'm running a Magna-flo Cat and muffler, 2 1/2" from header back. Very pleased ;)

THX Elwood, that second link you add'd, work'd just fine. :notworthy:
Still no luck with the others. :confused:

LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks