best and worst non Jeep off road vehicles you have owned?

best and worst non Jeep off road vehicles you have owned?
"I can out-wheel most people I know"

Glad I'm not one of them......:D

oh, I never saw him claim to be a expert wheeler who can out wheel most guys.

I have a friend who is a ranger nut, but he does Prerunner type of wheeling in the deserts, hey those things can take the bumps at high speed,, until they stopped making the twin I beam that is. But get them on a raunchy trail and they are not up to following a SWB around. TJs and YJs can eat them alive.

Mr Ranger sir,Why didn't you say you never get stuck. They all say that. If you have never been stuck you have never been 4 wheelin.

The only non-Jeep 4x4 I have ever owned was a Chevy K20 pickup but I didn't get a chance to wheel it much.

In the club I used to wheel with, the K5 Blazers were pretty good and could keep up with Jeeps pretty well.

By far the worst was this guy who showed up in a blinged out Explorer with a roof rack, 50 lights, tube bumpers, half his suspension painted red and running on stock size all terrain tires. He couldn't get past a couple of mildly washed out ruts in the easy trails.

But this conversation reminds me of a joke.

What's the difference between a rental car and a Jeep?

A rental car WILL go anywhere... :D

"I can out-wheel most people I know"

Glad I'm not one of them......:D

I'd accept that challenge as soon as the 3b is finished most likely early spring :chug:

I'd accept that challenge as soon as the 3b is finished most likely early spring :chug:
That does it I'm just gona have to put my 3B on the front burner and then say meet at the OK corral this spring?:biggun:

My best off road vehicle other than my CJ7, HAS to be our 06 F-250...the thing seams to enjoy going where ever I point it.. The worst, was our 1998 BMW 540i sports car... I got yelled at by my Fiance several times for taking her car places it was NEVER designed to go!
:driving:

oh, I never saw him claim to be a expert wheeler who can out wheel most guys.

I have a friend who is a ranger nut, but he does Prerunner type of wheeling in the deserts, hey those things can take the bumps at high speed,, until they stopped making the twin I beam that is. But get them on a raunchy trail and they are not up to following a SWB around. TJs and YJs can eat them alive.

I apologize, I'm from the Portland area. Most jeeps here are pavement-pounding blingers (sad, i know) so my only competition is old yoders. A good driver in a real jeep could kill most rangers, thats true. I took the thread as "other than jeeps, what are good wheelers?" and a competent driver would be suprised at how well a slightly modified ranger can run the trails.

PS: I've been stuck my fair share (and then some), and thats the only way to learn, right? Cant wait to start my jeep build.

Hey It's all in good fun, you gotta be carefull what you say around here though and don't ever put anythig over a CJ or it's driver! Except maybe those ones in Portland. ;)

i had a bronco 2 in high school and i can tell you them little bastards are tough i put it through hell and it kept going. i had a water line on the door 2" beneath window one night up on the mountain. i came off the mtn. didn't hardly have any brakes, got to the bottom and my buddy had to puke he was so scared. the next morning it wouldn't start all i had to do was spray out the starter and brakes and all was back to normal. i beat the :dung: out of it till the tranny gave up all but 2 gears and still wheeled it around the neighbors property in 4low untill i traded it for a dirt bike. moral of the story, i'm convinced rangers and bronco 2s are tough little 4x4s

Does a 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 count?? Mine will go anywhere and its only 48 inches wide!

i had a lifted 88 full size bronco. spool in the rear on 35's. went everywhere i pointed it. even after i pointed it on its side. worst i had was a vw rabbit. no ground clearance

I've had a few favorites. 76 Scout was a lot of fun, just a bit heavy. 79 f250 was a great truck just too big off road. My scout 800 was excellent. Don't have one bad thing to say about my old one. I also had good luck with my 79 dodge. The worst I've owned was an 85 s10 blazer. Bought it from a friend that needed money, what a miserable excuse for a 4x4. I did trade it for a waggy though so it worked out in the end. By the way....nice to see some Kawie v twin owners. I have a few myself, great quads.

Does a 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 count?? Mine will go anywhere and its only 48 inches wide!

I have had nothing but 4x4 trucks since I started driving and to be quite honest they have all sucked off road. I have a 4x4 Yamaha Grizzly with diff lock that can take anything I can throw at it. As for the worst 4x4 it has to be my current daily driver, a toyota tundra. It is by far the worst vehicle I have ever taken off pavement, great in the snow but horrible everywhere else.

I will have to say down here in Mississippi things are a little different, basically any chevy or ford (pre 1990) will go, but i will say i have never driven anything so stout as a completly plain jane 05 "GOAT" ram 2500 as we like to call it, but as far as the best going stock vehicles any toyota will just go, Ive kept up with 2 of em that had 35in+ mud tires, but as of now the best offroader is my buddies 80's model blazer, with 44 superswamper tsl's, on 1 ton runnin gear, and a 1 ton truck cab with the blazer bed modified to look just like a regular truck bed, but i'm also currently working on another friends project('79 ford F150 ranger xlt, D60 front coil spring conversion, gm 14blt rear, and 460 big block, all sitting on 44in ground hawgs)

I would say my best non jeep off roader is my H3 hummer. I think this will go just about anywhere you have the balls to take it. Rides good and decent mileage. The worst I had was my new o6 ford with the 6.0 diesel. Loved it until they screwed with the computer. It got so bad Ford bought it back. Fords never again.

i have an 85 mercedes 300 turbo diesel that runs on veggie oil and i have to say for a mercedes it kicks butt!!! it still gets stuck tho lol. other than that i had an 85 ranger 4x4 and it went anywhere you asked it...if it would start lol

I would say my best non jeep off roader is my H3 hummer. I think this will go just about anywhere you have the balls to take it. Rides good and decent mileage. The worst I had was my new o6 ford with the 6.0 diesel. Loved it until they screwed with the computer. It got so bad Ford bought it back. Fords never again.

:laugh:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks