best and worst non Jeep off road vehicles you have owned?

best and worst non Jeep off road vehicles you have owned?
Best was my 87 Dodge Ramcharger w/360/727/9.25, I miss it everyday I actually sold the Jeep I own today to buy this Ramcharger when i was 16, then Parted out the Ramcharger for a hotrod i was building years ago, I have missed it everyday wish I could have both, but not realistic...probably gonna get alot of poopie for it but have been thinking of getting rid of the jeep and going back to a Ramcharger, probably a 77 or 78. But I know if I do I will miss the jeep........ ITS A ENLESS CIRCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the type of hunting and people carrying I did at the time the best 4 wheel drive vehicle I owned was a Trooper2. Big 4 doors, decent mileage, enough power to get around.

The worst vehicle I've ever owned, besides a Harley Davidson, was a 1992 full sized Ford Bronco. A horrible vehicle, constantly breaking down, horrible brakes, horrible fuel mileage and Firestone tires. The tires were supposed to be the best tires Firestone made at the time, I put 12 tires on that damned vehicle in 13 years and that doesn't count the flat repairs. Not flats due to abuse, the tires would internally shed a belt or crack, yes I said crack on the inside. On day while driving past a golf course I ran over a golf ball and the next day the tire was flat due to an internal crack. Finally I dumped the Firestones and got a set of "inferior" Larado tires and put 40,000 miles on without a single problem. For many reasons I hated that darned Bronco.

My best is my 2001 Ford Expedition. It has the 5.4, and I've put an intake manifold on it and replaced the plugs the correct way to keep them from welding themselves in. I have Firestone Destination AT's and I love them. Putting them on my CJ as well. I had 7 people in it and cruised right on up Yankee Boy with no issues. It has plenty of power, not-so-great mileage (needs chipped), but I have no real complaints. It has 194k on it and runs great. Drove it from SW Indiana to SW Colorado in summer of 2013 with 7 people in it and a luggage carrier on hitch and got 12MPG 5-8mph over. Not bad.

Best has to be my '97 F350 regular cab, 7.3 diesel, 4X4 with 5 speed. Low gears in the axles, Limited slip rear and manual hubs. That thing will pull a house down and not even work up a sweat. Only had to lock the hubs once since I've had it. Probably keep this one forever.

Worst would be a '74 3/4 ton chebby I traded in for my first Jeep back in '83. That thing looked good on the lot. A local doctor used it just to pull his camper trailer around. Only had 30,000 on it when I got it. That truck lasted me less than a year! When I traded it in on my Golden Eagle, the bed was falling apart from the hidden rust in the rear wheel wells, dang near every gasket was leaking oil and gas mileage was around 7 mpg. That thing would get stuck on wet grass (stupid open rear diff).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks