Engine Anyone running NYLON fuel lines? Fitting questions

Engine Anyone running NYLON fuel lines? Fitting questions

NotTJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ7 258 T150 D20 D30 AMC20 33" Yoko MT
Now that I have my new galvanized tank ready to swap in I also need to delete the original steel fuel lines. They don't look horrid but certainly not worth salvaging. Also at some point the return vapor line off the fuel filter was eliminated off my engine and I would like that reinstalled. So the plan was to run a 5/16 and 1/4 nylon line straight up from the tank. The question I have is how did you adapt it to the tank? I suspect I need a barbed fitting pressed into the nylon that clamps to a short rubber line - does that sound right? That would mate at the tank and I could do the same to mate to the fuel pump. Am I on the right track?

I have never used nylon for fuel but i use it alot at work and yoj would use barbed fittings any reason you dont want
To go back with steel? Or stainless steel? They would be easier since you can use regular hose connections

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steel would be fine too but I would either have to bend it which I don't look forward to or buy it prebent and snake through frame, which again sounds less than appealing. The nylon is the perfect amount of rigid and flexible. Only issue I am having is the vapor line. I can find a nylon to rubber fitting so I can attach nylon at tank and at fuel pump with little sections of rubber. What I cannot find are 1/4" nylon to rubber adapters so I can attach vapor line at fuel filter and run that back to tank. May have to just run 5/16 all the way for the return.

I should have circled back to update this post. So last week I ordered the Nylon line and fittings for the feed and I might just run the same back to the tank for return. I will try to get the board some thoughts after I do the install.

I've been using Earl's Vapor Guard 5/16" hose from the throttle body, through the frame and to the tank for both the send and return lines for at least 3 years. Reinforced with larger size wrap around pieces of hose where it enters and exits the frame, and secured in other places so it can't move around.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks