Misc. Any help finding trim package is appreciated!!

Brad88yj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 jeep cj7
Hi I’ve rebuilt a 1988 YJ in the past and recently purchased a 1983 CJ7 and am looking for information on it. The vin number is 1jccm87aodt060149. I’m trying to find what package it is. It appears the original color is a goldish color and it only had one rear seat which is a black seat with two white stripes that appears to be a Laredo seat. Can anyone help? Ps it has 4speed with 258

And please for the love of God post up some pictures of this Cj please. 👍🏻

The gold topaz with Laredo style seats had gold stripes. Only used on the Jamborees. Your horn button look like this?

View attachment 76497
First thing someone said was possibly a Wagoneer vin which was quickly ruled out by the 87 in the vin. 87 is the designation for Cj. 2H is indeed Topaz gold which was "supposed" to be on Jamborees and a few Wagoneers only. The next code looked at is the 5EB. Thats the designation for standard nutmeg vinyl seats. Jamborees had seats like you stated your rear is but with gold stripes. There is a different code for Jamboree seats.

Read through the definition of the Jamborees on this site. There are quite a few accessories that came with that Jeep all being relatively hard to find. If it has some of those accessories like the light bar or brush gaurd we can look into it further.

Honestly though you have something even more rare than a Jamboree. The only non Jamboree Cj in Topaz gold with a good vin to prove it. Whats your plans for it? Id try to stay as close as possible to that vin as you can while restoring it , if thats what you intend.
That’s awesome and the rear seats not original the guy gave me that and some low back black ones he had sitting around. I’d love to find out more about what I have but not really sure how? As far as restoring it yes that’s what I want is keep it original

That’s awesome and the rear seats not original the guy gave me that and some low back black ones he had sitting around. I’d love to find out more about what I have but not really sure how? As far as restoring it yes that’s what I want is keep it original
2A2EBFD4-B060-4FBF-9B40-EB538DEE7CDD.pngObviously the front brush guard isn’t the right one but the whole body is gold under the white. The entire firewall is still gold The interior floor is also gold it just has some type of plastic black liner on it that’s cracking off.

Attachments

• A9EBCDDD-3C55-4DC4-8751-15582E91D015.png
    A9EBCDDD-3C55-4DC4-8751-15582E91D015.png
    792.6 KB · Views: 9
Looks pretty solid from what I can see. Especially if its truly a NY Cj. Can I get a passenger shot of that dash? Like from the temp controls to the edge so I can see the glovebox door? And did you figure out what drivetrain is in it?

Looks pretty solid from what I can see. Especially if its truly a NY Cj. Can I get a passenger shot of that dash? Like from the temp controls to the edge so I can see the glovebox door? And did you figure out what drivetrain is in it?

Attachments

• EE348282-D2ED-49F4-A300-10EC0713BFA6.jpeg
    EE348282-D2ED-49F4-A300-10EC0713BFA6.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 5CD8015A-13B6-46A8-83CD-C1C58D1ED797.jpeg
    5CD8015A-13B6-46A8-83CD-C1C58D1ED797.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 8
  • C4E4522E-D530-44C1-8C1E-EC4531BEAA24.jpeg
    C4E4522E-D530-44C1-8C1E-EC4531BEAA24.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 638AD7A4-BA79-44F3-B796-CC918BB3EA9B.jpeg
    638AD7A4-BA79-44F3-B796-CC918BB3EA9B.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 8
  • E0A53DA1-3AF5-4792-82F4-6148F74997E3.jpeg
    E0A53DA1-3AF5-4792-82F4-6148F74997E3.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 8
There’s some pics I took showing how whole keep is gold like tag says. It has 258 4spd not sure transfer case haven’t had time to look. Rear pumpkin is fully round so assuming it’s a Dana 20
And yes it very solid for up here! Honestly if it is that rare I’m not sure I’m the guy to try restoring it. Maybe it should go to someone that can do it justice?

Transcer case would be a dana 300. Forget to add your Cj didnt come with a hardtop either. Somebody added that along the way

from what i can decode it had nutmeg high back seats I'm really leaning towards it being possible Jamboree as it is completely chrome everywhere on interior

The "5EB" trim code on your data tag says the seats were originally Nutmeg, high back buckets in vinyl denim. And your "2H" paint code for Topaz Gold Metallic is indeed a unique combo. But not a Jamboree edition.

Yeah, I’m not thinking someone would cover up and hide having a Jambo.

Yeah, I’m not thinking someone would cover up and hide having a Jambo.
Or register it as an '83 rather than the '82 Jamboree edition year. And from the Jambo registration site:

"On the exterior, all Jambos came standard with Topaz Gold Metallic paint, Jamboree hood lettering, chrome wheels, chrome bumpers/bumperettes, black soft top, black rocker trim (not chrome or bright aluminum), and special Jamboree spare tire cover. Late in the production run Jeep made a few (only about 70) Olympic White Jambos.

On the interior, Jambos had special black bucket seats with gold inserts (front and rear) to match the Topaz Gold Metallic paint, center console, black floor and wheelhouse carpeting, black padded roll bar, saddle bags, and special plaque denoting the production number mounted on the instrument panel.

Together, all of the content was known as the "Factory Jamboree Package.
"

Jambos also came with a 20-gallon fuel tank stock, the 258 6cyl, 5-speed manual, and upgraded suspension and cooling system.

Now it is claimed that only Jambos could be ordered in Topaz Gold, but some got through anyway from custom orders (high sales dealers getting recognized and some company execs). So a non-Jambo in Topaz Gold with non-Jambo interior upholstery would still be a rare combo.

Last edited:
The "5EB" trim code on your data tag says the seats were originally Nutmeg, high back buckets in vinyl denim. And your "2H" paint code for Topaz Gold Metallic is indeed a unique combo. But not a Jamboree edition.
Yes I do not think it’s a Jamboree rather a very rare jeep entirely. After much research as far as I can see and have help with that color wasn’t even offered in 1983

Hi I’ve rebuilt a 1988 YJ in the past and recently purchased a 1983 CJ7 and am looking for information on it. The vin number is 1jccm87aodt060149. I’m trying to find what package it is. It appears the original color is a goldish color and it only had one rear seat which is a black seat with two white stripes that appears to be a Laredo seat. Can anyone help? Ps it has 4speed with 258
Looks like a Base from https://www.vincheckup.com/

Yes I do not think it’s a Jamboree rather a very rare jeep entirely. After much research as far as I can see and have help with that color wasn’t even offered in 1983
1666439381882.png
If you read this there isn’t supposed to be any other keep cj ever painted in the color. My tags prove mine is painted that color which means mine is exceptionally rare! Not base etc

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks