Misc. Any help finding trim package is appreciated!!

Misc. Any help finding trim package is appreciated!!

Brad88yj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 jeep cj7
Hi I’ve rebuilt a 1988 YJ in the past and recently purchased a 1983 CJ7 and am looking for information on it. The vin number is 1jccm87aodt060149. I’m trying to find what package it is. It appears the original color is a goldish color and it only had one rear seat which is a black seat with two white stripes that appears to be a Laredo seat. Can anyone help? Ps it has 4speed with 258

There are many factory packages as well as virtually gazillions of dealer installed / created ones. Did you see this forum? -->> https://jeep-cj.com/community/forums/cj-editions.178/
I did. Yes I realize they’re many factory options that’s what I’m hoping to find out what option it was. It’s been repainted white at some point but was originally gold and has factory clock in dashboard so thinking Laredo or Renegade and wondering how to determine
Hi I’ve rebuilt a 1988 YJ in the past and recently purchased a 1983 CJ7 and am looking for information on it. The vin number is 1jccm87aodt060149. I’m trying to find what package it is. It appears the original color is a goldish color and it only had one rear seat which is a black seat with two white stripes that appears to be a Laredo seat. Can anyone help? Ps it has 4speed with 258

Im not good with decoding the Vin but Gold as an original color could be a Jamboree. Is there any small rectangular plaque on the dash with a number on it , or a spot that looks like one was removed?

Glad to hear you've "moved up" to a CJ over the prior YJ. Contrary to Huey Lewis, in terms of Jeeps, it is NOT hip to be square :)

Unfortunately the VIN won't tell you trim packages or dealer options. And near all options that were available as part of a trim package were also available individually as dealer add-ons. And if it's been repainted, any decals (Renegade stuff on the hood for example) would have been removed by a PO that did the repaint. Now it is possible to make a best guess by looking for a set of options that would have come together as part of a trim package. Using the Renegade example again, I believe that package included the "Decor Group" options, which included the front frame overlay, instrument panel overlay, shiny rocker moldings, high back front seats with matching rear seat, sport steering wheel, day/night mirror, under dash courtesy light, an engine compartment light, and intermittent wipers. The Laredo was the fully loaded one, with all Renegade options plus a chrome grill, clock, tach, and fancy wheels. So if you have all of those together, that could be a great clue. Not 100% conclusive, but strongly suggests. That tranny/engine combo was also available on many CJs of various flavors. So no clue there either.

My CJ7 had the original high back front seats, but a PO had replaced the rear seat, so no way to know if I had a matching package. I have no clock/tach in the dash, but do have the leather wrapped grab bar and it did have the day/night mirror (I have since replaced). I also have a dash overlay, but not original. So no way to know if there was another in the past or not. I have the under dash courtesy lights, but no under hood light. Mine has been repainted, but in the original color. Whether there were any decals/graphics at some point I can't tell. A PO also added after-market rocker panels, so no way to know if there were any original shiny ones or not. Unless you have an all original one owner type Jeep, you may never know for sure. Just make it what you want and enjoy it.

Glad to hear you've "moved up" to a CJ over the prior YJ. Contrary to Huey Lewis, in terms of Jeeps, it is NOT hip to be square :)

Unfortunately the VIN won't tell you trim packages or dealer options. And near all options that were available as part of a trim package were also available individually as dealer add-ons. And if it's been repainted, any decals (Renegade stuff on the hood for example) would have been removed by a PO that did the repaint. Now it is possible to make a best guess by looking for a set of options that would have come together as part of a trim package. Using the Renegade example again, I believe that package included the "Decor Group" options, which included the front frame overlay, instrument panel overlay, shiny rocker moldings, high back front seats with matching rear seat, sport steering wheel, day/night mirror, under dash courtesy light, an engine compartment light, and intermittent wipers. The Laredo was the fully loaded one, with all Renegade options plus a chrome grill, clock, tach, and fancy wheels. So if you have all of those together, that could be a great clue. Not 100% conclusive, but strongly suggests. That tranny/engine combo was also available on many CJs of various flavors. So no clue there either.

My CJ7 had the original high back front seats, but a PO had replaced the rear seat, so no way to know if I had a matching package. I have no clock/tach in the dash, but do have the leather wrapped grab bar and it did have the day/night mirror (I have since replaced). I also have a dash overlay, but not original. So no way to know if there was another in the past or not. I have the under dash courtesy lights, but no under hood light. Mine has been repainted, but in the original color. Whether there were any decals/graphics at some point I can't tell. A PO also added after-market rocker panels, so no way to know if there were any original shiny ones or not. Unless you have an all original one owner type Jeep, you may never know for sure. Just make it what you want and enjoy it.
Somewhere in that vin is the identification for the interior. Theres black intetior with gray or gold purse straps, nutmeg with purse straps so between those three you can pretty much tell if it was a Laredo or Jamboree. The Limited has a code for western weave or leather seats in Nutmeg , Slate blue so that tells you that model as well. Renegades didnt get the leather wrapped grab bar or steering wheel with the different horn button either.

Somewhere in that vin is the identification for the interior. Theres black intetior with gray or gold purse straps, nutmeg with purse straps so between those three you can pretty much tell if it was a Laredo or Jamboree. The Limited has a code for western weave or leather seats in Nutmeg , Slate blue so that tells you that model as well. Renegades didnt get the leather wrapped grab bar or steering wheel with the different horn button either.
from what i can decode it had nutmeg high back seats I'm really leaning towards it being possible Jamboree as it is completely chrome everywhere on interior

I have ever one of the options you listed. tons of chrome theres a spot where there was a sticker in two spots and the steering wheel is leather

from what i can decode it had nutmeg high back seats I'm really leaning towards it being possible Jamboree as it is completely chrome everywhere on interior
Nutmeg seats werent available in the Jamboree. They were black like the Laredo seats but with gold stripes not gray. I posted it on a Facebook group Im in and should have soe solid answer for you by tomorrow morning

According to the Jambo Registry they were only made in 1982 for the 30th anniversary and are the rarest CJ ever made. 630 total with less than 200 left.

thanks for helping hope to hear good news I cant find they ever made the Laredo in the gold topaz
The gold topaz with Laredo style seats had gold stripes. Only used on the Jamborees. Your horn button look like this?

Screenshot_20221011-184407.png

Like this one. :) A little different 1B1ABB33-00C4-42A7-8324-2D2F02692CDC.jpeg

I dont see the plastic black dash application around the speedo and dash pulls for the defrost , fan etc. I dont see evidence of it being removed either but that doesn't mean it wasnt. It would need that to be a Jamboree. Laredo models also had pin striping around the edges of the dash. Cant see it on yours but again its easily removed. Deciphering that VIN is going to help. From what you said about the chrome and rear seat Id lean towards a Laredo

First thing someone said was possibly a Wagoneer vin which was quickly ruled out by the 87 in the vin. 87 is the designation for Cj. 2H is indeed Topaz gold which was "supposed" to be on Jamborees and a few Wagoneers only. The next code looked at is the 5EB. Thats the designation for standard nutmeg vinyl seats. Jamborees had seats like you stated your rear is but with gold stripes. There is a different code for Jamboree seats.

Read through the definition of the Jamborees on this site. There are quite a few accessories that came with that Jeep all being relatively hard to find. If it has some of those accessories like the light bar or brush gaurd we can look into it further.

Honestly though you have something even more rare than a Jamboree. The only non Jamboree Cj in Topaz gold with a good vin to prove it. Whats your plans for it? Id try to stay as close as possible to that vin as you can while restoring it , if thats what you intend.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks