Air Tool Advice

Air Tool Advice
I've got a couple small Craftsman air tools: 3/8" rachet and 3/8" impact gun. Both are small and are usually the first things I grab when needing to move nuts/bolts. I also have a larger 1/2" Ingersoll Rand, that I grab when working on larger bolts/nuts. It's a beast, but is great for spinning off lug nuts.

I have a couple air tools from Harbor Freight, and they are okay for occasional use.

Sanders/Grinders/Drills are air hogs. I have a 24cfm 7.5hp IR compressor with an 80 gallon tank, and it will cycle with extended use of them.

All my nailers are Bostitch. The most handy is the brad nailer and small finishing nailer. Lifesavers when trimming out baseboards, etc.

Got a 3/8" rachet wrench from H-F last night. It is slow, but will deffinately be handy.

Got a 3/8" rachet wrench from H-F last night. It is slow, but will deffinately be handy.

Not near as slow as the analog one.:laugh:

after using that for a while, it grows on you. you will reach for it every chance you get. My objection is the noise.:cool:

Noise ... What noise ... Ahhh I remember when the birds still made bird song in the trees. Occasionally I wonder why the birds stopped singing ..... I'm sure it's the current echenomic situation.

When it rains - A buddy of mine had an extra 1/2" air impact wrench. It seems to work well so I'm pleased.

I use the heck out of my 1/4" air ratchet, it is a lifesaver on dashes and interiors. 1/2" Craftsman impact for the heavy stuff is a lifesaver.
When I did the clutch in the kids S10 I bet him lunch I would have the tranny out in 20 minutes. He thought I was nuts.
22 minutes and it was lying on the tranny jack, one of exhaust bolts was a biatch or it would have been faster.
A Santiagos burrito never tasted so good..
I have a Trinco commercial blast cabinet I use frequently, it's an air hog but handy.
I had a HF cabinet for a while and even after completely caulking it, resealing and new weatherstip it still leaked more media than it shot. It was a good day when it was gone.

Last edited:
But, you bet you'd have it out in 20 minutes, it took 22. While 22 minutes is impressive you lost the bet or did you buy the kid a very tasty Santiagos Burrito? Integrity is a fragile thing.

Now that I have the 3/8" wrench which has helped me greatly with hard to get to nuts and hose clamps. With the clamps I had to use a 1/4" reducer a true 1/4" wrench is deffinately in the cards.

But, you bet you'd have it out in 20 minutes, it took 22. While 22 minutes is impressive you lost the bet or did you buy the kid a very tasty Santiagos Burrito? Integrity is a fragile thing.

Harumpff!
I know where he sleeps.....:D
I buy the burritos every Saturday morning. I was fixing HIS truck, he buys:drool:

:) I hope you know that I was just bustin' on yeah. I wish I had a son to work with, special times.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks