Build Thread 82 CJ7 update and custom touches.

Build Thread 82 CJ7 update and custom touches.
Been a while since my last post! New adapter solved my vacuum leaks. I set the timing of the engine and tuned the carb the best I could. Jeep runs very good now and did great even when it was near zero degrees outside. Hard to see in the pic but we had an ice storm a few weeks back!
maguny7e.jpg

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Steering was still very loose about an inch of play in the steering wheel. I had rebuilt the lower joint on the factory shaft and the box is rebuilt, still terrible. Decided I would try the Borgeson shaft. It works great! Steering is tight as it should be. I was able to use the factory flats for my set screws, I did add a little blue Loctite.

Pics not loading now will have to try again later.

3aja8aqy.jpg
7uza2e3y.jpg

The wiring has been in need of some work. I was waiting for warm weather to go through all of it but my gauges radio ect stopped working a few weeks ago. The engine would run and I had power to my fuse block. This is what I found, it looked much worse in person. The wires were burned almost apart. Wire nuts everywhere and electrical tape over spliced wires. I had a new plug for a GM ignition switch and rebuilt the worst of it. Still have more to do.
gy9u5epy.jpg

vu4e7amy.jpg

I also noticed the harsh ride soon after purchase of the CJ. Many other problems were more important so I waited to deal with it. The rear shocks were shot and had overload springs on them! The fronts were old Pro Comps, pretty gold paint on them if I was a teenager. They were wore out also. I replaced all four with Pro Comp ES9000 sized for my lift. Man what a better riding Jeep. All my wobble at highway speed is gone and my kidneys don't hurt anymore.
myny6ezy.jpg
I do need some boots!

Wanted to upgrade my stereo mud tires at highway speeds I couldn't hear anything. Decided on VDP sound enclosures nice fit and finish. They sound OK with the speakers they come with, thinking Kicker KS693 in the future. Very good sound from those.
u2edu2un.jpg
I have some 5.5 inch mystery speakers in the dash from the previous owner. The combination works good and is cheap enough I don't have to worry about theft.

Looking back through my thread I haven't said much about the interior mods. The inside had some rust in the floors but very little. None of the cables worked and holes everywhere. I had some old ammo boxes from my paintball playing days. I decided to mount them in the wasted space above the rear tire. I added locks and filled them with tools and spare parts. I ordered new cables for all the heater controls and tracked down my water temp gauge problems and repaired it. None of my lights worked so I replaced each indicator light and even got the 4x4 light to work.
arujybu5.jpg
Yes that is a Crown bag turned inside out for a shifter boot. I had to do something about that, the skull had to go also.
eqy4uteh.jpg
This was the inside of the hardtop before I repainted it. Complete with over spray on the windows inside and out. The white did reflect a lot of light but I went with satin black.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks