'74 back to street legal

'74 back to street legal
"Spiders" was the only 'civil' name we had for'em back in my muscle car wrenching days. :eek: :laugh:
LG

Not easy to find. The company I quoted sells complete systems, they probably have them.

I'm not sure you actually noticed ...... '75 and newer get a visual inspection under the hood. '74 and older are exempt from the visual inspection. You just need to pass the emission test. ..... When you register the CJ go to an independent vehicle registration company. You will pay a very reasonable service fee, but it is well worth it. It is not your typical DMV experience. They deal with registration problems like a three day registration for emissions quickly and efficiently. My Vin. Number was/is old enough, not enough numbers, to cause serious stumbles at DMV and my title wasn't in the system anymore, it was archived. They worked right through that problem too.

Hmmmm - A quick relook at my post tells me that it might have come off as a little snappy. Not meant to be snappish at all.

YOU :eek:
Never happen. :laugh: :poke:
LG:D

Thanks for the suggestions. The reason I'm still looking into the bracketry is because the 74 is not the only Jeep I'm working on. I also have a 78 CJ7 with a 258 and a 77 Wagoneer with a 401, and somehow they have also lost their smog pumps along the way.

Last edited:
It is easier if all the cards are on the table.

Air pumps were considered to be the bane to all things automotive so many of them were scrapped. Good luck with your efforts.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks