Build Thread 1982 cj7 build...

Build Thread 1982 cj7 build...
Finally a little revival i pulled the engine and trannny last week. I had to use what i had so i pulled it with a tractor and come along. I just went out and sprayed it with purple power today to get a lil bit of the oil off . i cleaned it with starting fluid.

I hope to have the frame sprayed with in the next weeks, i settled on rust shield it supposedly extremely durable. anyways heres a few pics.

I have been blessed with both a good cowl and the windshield is immaculate.

The wiring however is far from it .

Need opinions on colors im thinking a gray,orange or the original color Vintage red only available in '82 i think, the colors below are also favs.

of course im no where close to paint but i enjoy the thought of it :)

also here is the frame i dont think i ever got a shot of it as a rolling chassis. Yes i am aware itws not tied down securely haha.

also notice my box of stainless braided goodness

I have been blessed with both a good cowl and the windshield is immaculate.

The wiring however is far from it .

Need opinions on colors im thinking a gray,orange or the original color Vintage red only available in '82 i think, the colors below are also favs.

of course im no where close to paint but i enjoy the thought of it :)

Liking the green a lot...!

21198d1483306439-1982-cj7-build-img_0914.jpg

Not a huge step but i painted my engine mounts today, i will try and clean the ol 360 today so i can paint it and then put her in the new frame after the rustshield
I also took the liberty to clean up the battery tray

Ahh I also forgot to add in that i am rebuilding the wire harness, i have foud some bad wiring haha to say the least they used a lot of metal crimps and duct tape

Well a little progress tonight i sanded my frame down with 400 grit sandpaper to rough it up for the rustshield hopefully it will be ready for brake lines this weekend

Ahh I also forgot to add in that i am rebuilding the wire harness, i have foud some bad wiring haha to say the least they used a lot of metal crimps and duct tape

A color wiring diagram will help you a lot with this. Here's a good one: Jeep | Prospero's Garage Take your time and do one circuit at a time. Remove the crimp connectors, solider the wires together, and use some heat shrink over the joint. This will make your harness like new again. I also made sure all of mine was wrapped in wire loom for protection. It's not fun, but if done right the first time, you won't have any problems on down the road.

Alright i feel like i finally made progress today

I painted part of the engine , painted the transmission and then installed them
now i can focus on brakes

I have to admit its a sight for sorer eyes to see a rust free cj frame and fresh paint :)

however in my infinite wisdom i forgot to install the throw out bearing oh well

I would like to revive this thread even though its been awhile, i finally collected some funds to hopefully get the jeep moving under its own power by May i hope,
I ordered floor pans from classic enterprises and i just ordered omixida jeep logo side panels i will report on my experience hopefully they will not be as awful as everyone says. I also just ordered a set of headers for the old 360 i would like opinions on exhaust.
I am looking for a clean but loudish exhaust for her any insight would be much appreciated.

Lol been awhile I started in 2009 on mine you are doing fine, I really liked having logo sides but had a bad experience learning how to spot weld, I would say from my learning experience to get the panels and floors tight together and very straight before you do your first spot weld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well its been a very long time since i have logged onto this site, but i finally have collected most of the parts i need to finish up my jeep tub, i hope to include a lot of photos on the trip to piecing it back together.

Very cool I am still looking forward to seeing your progreas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re still here - keep the updates coming!!!

Sent from my gas grille using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys I appreciate it, today i got the rear corners and floor brace for the tub i hope to start tearing into it this weekend, it might be over ambitious but i would like to have the tub on the frame in primer before snow flys.

Well it’s been awhile busy with work and other stuff long story short I feel I’ve committed a cardinal sin the the cj world , the tub I had was too far gone to fix with out a body shop so I bought a fiberglass tub off craigslist

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks