Build Thread 1975 am general postal jeep

Build Thread 1975 am general postal jeep
I'm almost set my mind on getting this 727 to work with the dana 300 , I just don't know how to order these parts , are you saying a tail housing .. and shaft from any 80s dodge transmission will fit my 727

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would sell mine, you do not need one for a D300 specifically any of the 80s Dodge transmissions will work . Dodge used the NP 208 transfercase with a 23 spline and that same round bolt pattern, that’s what my tailhousing is from. Parts for the 727 or 904 aren’t interchangeable between the two

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk
Transmission shops are telling me they need a make and model to figure out the setup

1983 W150, 318

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 208 and 300 have same bolt pattern

The 208 and 300 have same bolt pattern

If I get a housing and shaft from the d150 ,will the shaft be too long/short? I feel like if I went d150 housing and shaft , there could be interference with shaft lengths , I guess what I'm trying to say is , are these tail housings in a sense paired with a particular shaft ? If so I think I would just go with the whole d150 package

If I get a housing and shaft from the d150 ,will the shaft be too long/short? I feel like if I went d150 housing and shaft , there could be interference with shaft lengths , I guess what I'm trying to say is , are these tail housings in a sense paired with a particular shaft ? If so I think I would just go with the whole d150 package

Well on further research it looks to be a better idea to go 727/NP208 to clear the pan on the 727

The Novak Guide to the Chrysler 727 Torqueflite Automatic Transmission

The Novak Guide to the Dana Spicer Model 300 Transfer Case

So here's the update , I got a hold of a 75 CJ5, planning on taking the t5 tranny , and Dana 20 , after all the research , it's not gonna be cheap for me to go the automatic route( mainly because I choose not to take autos apart) . So here we are , time to go stick shift , 800$ for the jeep kinda hard to pass up ,

Wow it’s really hard to pass up an $800 Jeep

Yeah it just happens the have the parts I need , the postal parts that are left over will go on the cj to make a 2x4 cruiser, hopefully the 304 it came with runs ,

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks