Wrong pitman arm???

Wrong pitman arm???
even with the extended disconnects, the links should be straight up and down (or very close to it). Either the links are way too long for the lift, or the axle is too far forward.

What was your measurement from eye to center pin on each side of the spring?
I will get the measurement again tonight and post it

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Still dealing with this.....
Anyone out there have a 1986 CJ7 lifted that can take a few pics of their front end? I was under the jeep last night trying to find a solution.. -maybe my power steering box is not stock. Maybe my tie rods have been flipped.. can someone show me their tie rods and power steering box? My steering box has the numbers 76 on the bottom of it, is this correct for a 1986 CJ7? Thank you for any help.

I had the same issue with Dana 44 swap and shackle reversal. I found that a 64 Chevy w/PS distance was 4,5”. Bingo. Yes it does slow the steering down but is that all bad. It works for me.

Good luck

I had the same issue with Dana 44 swap and shackle reversal. I found that a 64 Chevy w/PS distance was 4,5”. Bingo. Yes it does slow the steering down but is that all bad. It works for me.

Good luck
Are you saying that the 64' pitman arm will fit on the cj?

Yes they will fit. They a Saginaw boxes

I will post a pic later

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks