Diff Who's running what lockers and gears

Differentials
Diff Who's running what lockers and gears

407-loco

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 cj7
Got 33x12.50 r15 super swamper thornbird on ordered and new 15x10 rims. Next is going to be gears and lockers front and rear. Curious what everyone else is running.

31x10.5 R15 Goodyear Wrangler authority on factory 15x8 CJ wagon wheels.

33x12.5 R15 BF Goodwrench km2 wagon wheels

Lunch box locker in the front.
Factory Trac Lok in the rear
Factory 3.31 in Dana 30 and AMC20

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

31 x 10.5 R15 BFG KM2 with Jeep white rims. Lock Right locker in the rear 3.54 gears

That's not a true locker. However if ur doing just as much or more street driving than off roading then you will appreciate it in the rear. The little bit of skipping between clutch engagement you won't notice off road.

As far as the front goes putting in a posi unit is a waste of money. You need a true locker rather it be a lock right, or a selectable locker something that will actually lock and stay locked as the only time it's used is off road.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Since my offroad time is really just light trails when deer or quail hunting, or camping with the wife, I didn't do any lockers. Got the Yukon Gear kit with a Limited slip diff and 1-piece axles in the rear, as well as their carrier set in the front also. I'm running 4.54 gears with 35" tires.

Since my offroad time is really just light trails when deer or quail hunting, or camping with the wife, I didn't do any lockers. Got the Yukon Gear kit with a Limited slip diff and 1-piece axles in the rear, as well as their carrier set in the front also. I'm running 4.54 gears with 35" tires.
Your also running an OD transmission too if I remember correctly.

3.73 and Detroit true tracs both ends, should be 4.10 but that is hind sight. Before I am informed yes I know the true tac is a gear driven LSD.

3.73 and Detroit true tracs both ends, should be 4.10 but that is hind sight. Before I am informed yes I know the true tac is a gear driven LSD.
What transmission and tires are you running I was wondering about what gears to go with waiting on new tires to get here before I make that decision.

NP435 trans. Tires are Maxxis RZR 33x10.5

D/44 front w/ Currie HD 9" in the rear.
4:88 with DL front and rear plus a 4:1 t'case

Since your running the true track I'm looking at have you had any issues with them. I mean when you need all 4 wheels spinning will all 4 grab and go. Not looking for a rock crawler or a mud machine. But when I lock in the front end I want to know I'm in 4wd with all 4 wheels pulling.

When i had the AMC20/Dana 30 combo, i ran 4.56s on 33s (And later 35s) with ARBs front and rear.

Now with the Front Dana 44 and rear 60, i'm running 4.56s with a front ARB and a rear OX running on air.

When i had the AMC20/Dana 30 combo, i ran 4.56s on 33s (And later 35s) with ARBs front and rear.

Now with the Front Dana 44 and rear 60, i'm running 4.56s with a front ARB and a rear OX running on air
What motor and transmission are you running and if your not running an OD transmission what's your rpm's

Since your running the true track I'm looking at have you had any issues with them. I mean when you need all 4 wheels spinning will all 4 grab and go. Not looking for a rock crawler or a mud machine. But when I lock in the front end I want to know I'm in 4wd with all 4 wheels pulling.
they work! used them on the rocks in Moab, mud locally, dry, wet, they work and smooth! damm good in snow too.

I have 4 squirrels. Currently stock gears with 3:55 and running 35" KM2's. Front is an Aussie Auto. I have 4:56 gear to install. Just need one piece axles and plan to run a full spool in the rear. Jeep is twin sticked.

Detroit Lockers front and rear withe 4.56 gears turning 38“ Boggers.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom