P9100077.jpg

P9100093.jpg

P9100102.jpg

P9100104.jpg

Captain! There be boulders in the way! :notworthy:

Looks like plenty of fun and cup cakes to boot! :chug:

posi, you with ocean state jeepers??

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Looks like Vincent has a great spotter checking out the trail first. Smart! :):)
Thanks guys,

Yes, Zoey is a great scout dog :)

No, on Ocean State Jeepers

Sold my 78 CJ7, and loaded it on the carrier mins before I left for my camping trip.

I wheeled my friend's 74 CJ5 (first post last pic) when I wasn't a passenger.

Attachments

• IMG_7303[1].jpg
    IMG_7303[1].jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 131
figured I'd ask,seen their windshield banner and have thought about contacting them

deleted an email address and it took the video with it.
Removed the vid in the first post as well, but I have that one stored on my phone.

Yes I'm horrible ..... Yeah know .... 4wd was designed to help you drive around things like rocks and downed trees. I generally use it to get out of trouble rather than to get into more trouble.

Yes I'm horrible ..... Yeah know .... 4wd was designed to help you drive around things like rocks and downed trees. I generally use it to get out of trouble rather than to get into more trouble.

Whatever floats your boat, but I don't get the quote below from the last CJ trail planning trip??

Way back when I did vote as 80%.....

There were rocks on every trail we took, you had to know that from previous posted CJ trail pics. What were you going to do, turn around and go home when you saw rocks across the trial?

4wd was designed to help you drive around things like rocks and downed trees. I generally use it to get out of trouble rather than to get into more trouble.

True, very capable in stock form, so why go to the expense and time of added a T-18 and 4.1 kit just to "drive around things like rocks and down trees" when a stock rig would do just fine. I've wheeled the last 2 CJ trail rides with stock CJ on 29" tires. 007 ran a stock CJ on 31", Shooby ran basically stock besides a small lift and 31"..... I'm sure you will post a long explanation as to why.

Posting in the trail thread about avoiding obstacles is like showing up at your neighborhood BBQ with 2 O'Douls and a small bag of tofu. :rolleyes:

The last video I posted....the hardcore, strap yourself in video, was of my grandson on a wooded walking path wheeling his battery powered Jeep with my daughter's french bulldog leading the way.

Posting in the trail thread about avoiding obstacles is like showing up at your neighborhood BBQ with 2 O'Douls and a small bag of tofu :rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:. I think I may have to use that as my new sig :chug:

Posting in the trail thread about avoiding obstacles is like showing up at your neighborhood BBQ with 2 O'Douls and a small bag of tofu. :rolleyes:

:laugh:
Ah-:dung: :eek: Now I have to clean the keyboard and screen off again. :beer:

LG

True in everything posted. But out here there are rocks and obstacles everywhere that can't be avoided. We simply come from a different point of view. When I was coming up we had 4wd to plow snow and work in the woods and pull trailers full of hay. For a very long time I didn't know that you could get a 4wd without a plow rig attached to it. We used 4wd to get away from trouble. Today a lot of 4 wheeling isn't to get somewhere its more about having fun and even challenging your driving skill and your vehicles capabilities. That is great fun and I understand that. Down here it is different than it is back east and I keep forgetting that distinction. Generally you guys simply can't take off on old logging roads and trails like we can out here. But even that is changing out here. Nonsensical environmental laws are shutting down roads and access points everyday. I drive trails/roads like the Colorado trip does every time I go out so I don't expect the roads to be especially difficult. The altitude could be a challenge and I'd like to see the country more than be challenged by the trail it self. There is a difference. Both are good.

This won't come to any surprise to you, I am never invited to be with real people anyways, at any sort of BBQ, so O'douls and tofu would be right up my alley. Even though I have no idea what you are supposed to do with tofu. Also, I sorta think I'm a real man in my own way and don't find any pleasure in damaging my vehicle on something I can easily drive around. With that being said, some of those vehicles aren't practical for much of anything other than seeing how far the limits can be pushed, the same as NASCAR automobiles are useless in the real world pushing the limits in a vehicle that is made to push the limits can be great fun.

The Colorado trip looks like fun to me, but maybe I should do it alone. Which will probably happen anyways.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom