Misc. What stereo is everyone using?

Misc. What stereo is everyone using?
You old farts sound like my dad. That’s outa respect though😉
Me, I gotta have my tunes & with a bit higher than normal standards.

🤣🤣 I have embraced my old fart-ness.. At first you try to resist but...

Emperor Palpatine in episode IX (my interpretation) : starwarsspeculation | Star wars canon ...

Back on topic :)

I decided on no in dash head unit and went with a basic marine bluetooth receiver and a throw back to the 80's with the revived Blaupunkt brand. Its arguably only a minor step up from the Pyle quality but right now their gear is cheap and so far it performs good for the prices I paid. The most expensive part of this entire setup is the Rockville pods!

I just put the compact 8" sub under my back seat, it was one of the cheapest low profile subs and while I am sure it doesn't hit the mark for real audio aficionados, its all I need. This Bluetooth dongle is the most basic you can get but it works great.

PXL_20240315_010436180.jpg

PXL_20240315_010440829.jpg

PXL_20240315_010449145.jpgPXL_20240315_010506192.jpg

You old farts sound like my dad. That’s outa respect though😉
Me, I gotta have my tunes & with a bit higher than normal standards.

And, back to the original question of the post, (from over a year ago though, Ha!) I have the same dang Alpine head unit & it’s just about right!View attachment 100835
Nice. Looks good. Need to get my Junk going! 🍻

I am contemplating the removal of my bulky and heavy speaker box and power amplifier and going with a utv soundbar. I am looking at the Bazooka G2. There is just enough room right under the dash panel for it. I don’t want anything mounted on the roll bar and don’t care for the fancy led’s. If anyone has gone this route I would like your opinion.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

but if I find an old Alpine cassette player, it's going in lol
Look what I found! I dug around for the worst tape I could...Nana Mouskouri (I think they were standard issue in Canada in the early 80's) .

The tape played good and didnt eat it.. unfortunately haha!

I could not find the knobs but they may be at the be in a drawer somewhere, still looking. Everything seems to be in good working order.

PXL_20240414_231834818.jpg

I have a little Herdio HMS61 which is a bluetooth block that you hook your speakers into and it plays music from your phone. I hooked 4 speakers into it and it really sounds great. I MAY put an old radio in the slot, but this works great and is very unobtrusive. I velcroed it behind my dash and you can't even really see it.

I "was" rocking my original vintage 1980's AMC Jeep factory AM/FM 40 Channel CB stereo head unit.

This was until one day I happened to see these things were selling north of $400-$600 on that big auction site.

***I decided that it would be better if I kept my property so I removed it, bagged it and stuck it on the shelf in the garage for future days. There is a converter for the radio antenna to work on CB & AM/FM attached to the radio itself also on the shelf for future days or car shows.***

No radio in the dash for thieves wandering sticky fingers.......

I have a Kenwood BT unit in the Tuffy console along with CB & Ham that locks up for security in moments.

RR

I have a little Herdio HMS61 which is a bluetooth block that you hook your speakers into and it plays music from your phone. I hooked 4 speakers into it and it really sounds great. I MAY put an old radio in the slot, but this works great and is very unobtrusive. I velcroed it behind my dash and you can't even really see it.
Frito can you post up what you have up under the dash ? All I come up with is speakers. Thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks