Misc. What stereo is everyone using?

Misc. What stereo is everyone using?

JeeperChris

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 CJ5, 258 I6, T150 w/Dana20, Dana30 front and AMC20 rear. My first Jeep! I'm looking forward to doing some minor upgrades and restoration while enjoying the ride.
Looking at an Alpine UTE-73BT stereo for my '79 CJ5. Just curious what everyone is listening through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:popcorn: :popcorn: Just an old cheap piece of junk for the last 38 years. I really need to join the modern age and get something new. I will be watching this.

Kenwood blue tooth in the TJ, got an old school Jensen and even older school power booster for the CJ

:popcorn: :popcorn: Just an old cheap piece of junk for the last 38 years. I really need to join the modern age and get something new. I will be watching this.
Not me, when I cruise the CJ, I'll only want my music not a lot of modern bullcaca distractions, My Jensen has a usb to load all my classic rock, but if I find an old Alpine cassette player, it's going in lol

Sony M55BT marine unit. It has bluetooth, Sirius, Pandora, USB, and regular AM/FM. This connects to four speakers (Centrapod on the floor under the dash and VDP sound wedges with 6x9's behind the front seats (on the lower parts of the roll bar). It also has a pre-out that feeds into a Boss R1002 two channel power amp (mounted behind the dash to the right of the stereo where the stock speaker would be) that feeds the two Clarion wakeboard tower marine speakers on the roll bar.

stereo.jpg speakers.jpg

Looking at an Alpine UTE-73BT stereo for my '79 CJ5. Just curious what everyone is listening through?

Here are some posts / threads that you might be interested in... :chug:

https://jeep-cj.com/community/threads/the-120-jeep-cj7-build-thread.59059/page-12#post-561222

https://jeep-cj.com/community/threads/little-sound-system.26652/

https://jeep-cj.com/community/threads/still-hear-the-stereo-on-the-highway-with-the-top-off.68198/

I would like a stereo without a visible head unit.

I have no radio. I just have the nerve wracking listening for my CJ to start making unusual noises

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Lol i dont have a radio either, been to lazy to install it

Finally started the process of installing a sony marine dsx-m80 I bought over a year ago. It's replacing an old sony marine unit that stopped working after about 15 years. For speakers, the past 20 years I've just had a pair of rockford punch 5-1/4s in the stock locations, so essentially April till Halloween just listening to wind noise. With this head unit I'm adding sound wedges with some marine 6x9s, that should give some background to the wind noise.

I’m running a small kenwood Bluetooth amp tucked under the dash where the radio would have lived, with two 6x9’s on the rear fenders, two 6” rounds in the half doors, and a powered 8”sub bolted to the bottom of the drivers seat. If the right song starts while sitting at a light, I hafta look behind me and see what ran into the back of the jeep. To say I feel every drum hit would be an understatement. One of these days I’ll fill the radio slot - right now it looks like someone jacked it.

I really need to get something into mine.

AM only radio in my 75. Just trying to figure out how to mount it. under the dash.

Lol, I listen to AM for some of my talk broadcasts. AM has more range than FM.

Not me, when I cruise the CJ, I'll only want my music not a lot of modern bullcaca distractions, My Jensen has a usb to load all my classic rock, but if I find an old Alpine cassette player, it's going in lol
I might just have that old Alpine tape deck you are looking for! It was in my current rig when I brought it home, it ended up in the "not sure but don't throw it out" bin.. I'll pull it out and power it up when it warms up a little more to see if it works. If it works and you want it I will mail it to you, not looking for anything for it , I guess the only thing I want is knowing that its back in use by someone who can appreciate it.. and also to confuse and astound young people by the hardships we endured....

1710177656343.png

You old farts sound like my dad. That’s outa respect though😉
Me, I gotta have my tunes & with a bit higher than normal standards.

And, back to the original question of the post, (from over a year ago though, Ha!) I have the same dang Alpine head unit & it’s just about right!IMG_6191.jpeg

Heck ya, I'm an Alpine fan with Soundstream amps and MB Quart / Earthquake listeners...

old farts....OLD FARTS...my Marlin I just bought came with an 8 track player:punk:
Nothing better than listening to Boston and getting that CLUNK when the heads reposition and the tape reverses!!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks