Tie rod on TOP of steering arm?

Tie rod on TOP of steering arm?
Bottom up is good too, if you don't get eat up with the hot shavings! I have cut a hole in the bottom of a Solo cup that the bit would fit through without binding, shortened the side of the cup a little and used that to help catch the hot shavings. Works pretty good and only costs a cup!

Definitely use safety glasses, ear plugs and maybe a rain coat :D to keep the oil from ruining your shirt (remember the lubricating oil?).

Good tip! I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. I was just hoping someone would talk me out of it before I try to break my arm;)

Seriously though, what is the maintenance schedule for ball joints?
I've always believed/been told until you get alittle play up and down in the spindle. I'm shade tree at best so I would appreciate someone with more knowledge to tell me. I'll be searching in the mean time.

This is just my opinion and it probably don't amount to much but, if you got the dough to cover the cost of the parts, renewing all that's old while you're in there beats having to go back in there later to replace worn parts. While I enjoy working on the ol' Jeep, it sucks to have to go tear down what you just put together. That's my 2 cents.

If you have a doubt, replace it!

Hopefully, others will chime in with their thoughts.

Yeah, well your lucky! I just read your sig and ya say you got one Jeep runnin'

Wish I had just one running ;)

Thanks for the replies!

Good tip! I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow. I was just hoping someone would talk me out of it before I try to break my arm;)

Seriously though, what is the maintenance schedule for ball joints?
I've always believed/been told until you get alittle play up and down in the spindle. I'm shade tree at best so I would appreciate someone with more knowledge to tell me. I'll be searching in the mean time.

:)

From a guy who has had plenty of busted bloody knuckles trying to drill out holes............take them off and change the parts there probably worn out anyhow.........and drill them in a Mill or Drill Press where they can be clamped down! Just my .02 cents

:D:D:D:D

Wellll...I finished drilling out the holes around noon today.

Didn't take long at all actually. Used plenty of PB blaster and Marvel Mystery Oil. Drill only jumped out of my hand once;)

Ordered the Goferit parts today too. Excited to get this mod on the way!

Thanks to all that gave advice!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks