(((((surrounding lights under a jeep)))))

(((((surrounding lights under a jeep)))))

kickitandholdit

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'53 CJ3B
So my brother wants to have his surroundings lit up at night. I was thinking about lights in the fender wells and up under the rocker panel attached to the tub or frame. Does anybody have any pics of this being done or and ideas of the best way to do it. We have all seen it done many times on the internet and magazines but nobody shows any up close shots so I can see how they did it. I know we will have to strategically place them so the tires dont throw rocks at them and bust the lights but does anybody have any experience with this or have any input? Might have to go with LEDs so there isn't any bulbs to pop. Thanks in advanced.

I been thinking about CCTV.:cool:

those round eye LED's are too cool. :cool:

When I redo mine, seriously considering the ones from Roundeyes. Right now, I have ones form TSC that cost less than $10 each. Been on the rig for 3 years now with no breaks.

Front ones are right behind the bumper pointed down at the front of the front tires.
Rear are on the frame rails about midpoint and pointed at the rear wheels.

Also work nice for strapping down the rig on the trailer at night. :D

Rocklights004.jpg
Rocklights005.jpg
Rocklights007.jpg

I would say put some Rigid Duallys under there, but they are kinda of big for rocklights and pricey too. But, they are RIDICULOUSLY bright. Its dumb how bright and white they lights are. When they come out with the SR-M next year, it will be a rocklight game-changer. Basically half the size of the Dually, and shouldnt be as expensive either.

Dually: https://www.rigidindustries.com/category-s/131.htm

Only pic I could find of the SR-M is halfway down: https://www.rigidindustries.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=167

Nice ive been thinking about installing a set on my rig. Just cant deside what way i want to go with them.

Locally, lots of people go with the Walmart specials, not real sure which ones but apparently they are cheap, small and bulb is replaceable. Here is a thread with a few links that have some pics and where to place.

Rock lights

My lights showed up today. couldnt get the clean ones they where back ordered, so i ordered green. I will have to take a picture of one of them lit up. they are pretty bright. :D

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 312
My lights showed up today. couldnt get the clean ones they where back ordered, so i ordered green. I will have to take a picture of one of them lit up. they are pretty bright. :D

I like. :chug:

My phone doesnt take very good pictures in the dark. Heres a few of them lit up.

Attachments

• LED gree.jpg
    LED gree.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 202
  • LED green.jpg
    LED green.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 361
1100 lumen per light strip

I've been trying to find the specs on those lights but I can't. More I thought about it 1100 lumen is alot for a little light like that. Maybe I will call to see what Cyron says.

Yeah 1100 lumens is a lot, that's almost as much as one the duallys I have on my bumper. I have dome lights that are 12 leds and they are only 300, although I might grab some 6 led boards that are 500 lumens, probably around what yours are there unless they are really good leds.

Yeah 1100 lumens is a lot, that's almost as much as one the duallys I have on my bumper. I have dome lights that are 12 leds and they are only 300, although I might grab some 6 led boards that are 500 lumens, probably around what yours are there unless they are really good leds.
Ive been on there site and dont see the specs. Ill have to call cyron tomorrow i didnt have time today to call them.

This is what they sent me.
First and foremost thank you for choosing CYRON products.

22 to 25 lumens for each CV6C-G.
Thats no very bright I was for sure they where brighter then this. I cant look straght into them they make my eyes hurt.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom